LDRS 2017

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brent, being a truck driver, I absolutely refuse to fight DC traffic for a pleasure trip! I used to doit daily in a truck.

I drove a straight truck in the 5 boros for 15 yrs Jim,,
I completely understand what you're saying...
That's why now I like to drive the night..
There's no traffic at 2 AM,, even on the Beltway...

Teddy

I drove a straight truck in the 5 boros for 15 yrs Jim,,

driving this now???

641087d1324497857-big-gay-truck-land-rainbowtoy-m.jpg

Already made hotel reservations in Easton MD, about 20 miles away. 4 nights 268 with tax. I'm sure host hotel when announced will be much more

Already made hotel reservations in Easton MD, about 20 miles away. 4 nights 268 with tax. I'm sure host hotel when announced will be much more

Well, if that's the case...I'm going.
And I'll see you there Jim.

You probably don't recall - but you helped me with my first high power flight of my Loc IV from Blue Ridge Rocketry...Culpeper, back in 92 IIRC.
That alone means a drink is on me.

What field will the event take place from? I notice that MDRA has more than one field.

Well dang...I may not be able to do this one with USLI probably a week or two later. Gonna be tough to justify 2 rocket trips so close together.

Well dang...I may not be able to do this one with USLI probably a week or two later. Gonna be tough to justify 2 rocket trips so close together.

I doubt USLI will be one week later. That's Easter. Surely nobody would be silly enough to hold a big national launch on Easter.

Just make it one big trip!

Or are you still hung on that whole "keeping your job so you can afford to eat and live indoors" thing?

Made reservation at Days Inn Easton

Last edited:
I can't tell you how excited I am for this!

Later!

--Coop

I heard a rumor from a totally unreliable source with no connection to any LDRS....
MDRA
Just a whisper on the wind.

M

My source was more credible than I thought.

From my house MDRA and Potter are the same distance, and I did drive to Potter.

M

driving this now???

641087d1324497857-big-gay-truck-land-rainbowtoy-m.jpg

Haha,,
That's an 87 or 88....
I had an 89 for about 19 years or so.....
Reliable truck.....

Man, I'm getting more psyched every time I think about it. ...
Always a fantastic time with MDRA at Higgs,,
no matter what you call it...
The more in attendance, , the better the launch,, the more severely cool flights....
This always has been with these superb, gracious hosts,,
and this is going to be a national launch! !!!!!!
WoooHooooo.... lol...

Teddy

When we used to go to MDRA, we would stay in Harrington Delaware. There is/was a nice hotel called The AmericInn, a Super 8, and Holiday Inn Express. All of which are nice. Harrington has the advantage of being near several good places to get dinner. Total drive from Harrington to the field is roughly 30 minutes. IIRC there is no hotel less than 25-30 min away.

Excited to be hopefully able to make this! If all goes well I may be attempting my L3 flight at LDRS :D

When we used to go to MDRA, we would stay in Harrington Delaware. There is/was a nice hotel called The AmericInn, a Super 8, and Holiday Inn Express. All of which are nice. Harrington has the advantage of being near several good places to get dinner. Total drive from Harrington to the field is roughly 30 minutes. IIRC there is no hotel less than 25-30 min away.

Thanks, Al!

Back