Just ordered an Eggtimer Quantum

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ActingLikeAKid

Reaction score
This should be interesting. I've soldered maybe twice in my life. Don't worry, though - I've got a friend who is pretty stoked to help me; he has done a lot of this stuff.

At this point, I'm just planning on using it as an altimeter, but if I DO decide to go DD, I'll have something for that.

Any notes/tips/hints/WHATEVER YOU DO DON'T HIT THE RED BUTTON comments would be appreciated

Cris has a assembly manual on his site..and in another section , pictures for reference.

If your friend doesnt want ro tackle it.. Conman will asssemble for a reasonable price.

One thing you will need that doesny come with it is a female jst connector. . Or two if you wish to run two lipos. They are pretty cheap on eBay and you may have to order both sides but its probably cheaper that way..oh and a lipo , Cris has recommendations in his documentation.

The only trick I've done using the Quantum is to use my browser in private mode so it is harder to cache the test page.

Kenny

Currently shipping Quantums have the latest firmware that attempts to shut off caching for the pages, and won't let you restart a deployment test with the back button (it will generate a new code and go back to the test menu). I say "attempts" because not every browser plays nice. It is better to put your browser in "private" or "incognito" mode, and don't use the back button.

Back