Custom made wound fiberglass NC

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hellraiser

Reaction score
Anyone know of anyone that can make a custom wound glass nosecone? looking to do maybe a 98mm MD Black Brandt II or maybe a 150mm MD
I can supply an Aluminum or Magnesium or Titanium tip for the NC. Or if there is someone that knows how in the north Texas area and it will to teach this is something I would love to learn how to do.

Thank y'all very much!!!

Brian

I think preferably going into an MD 98 or 150mm I think all the strength we can possibly get in any of the parts would be a plus.

I'm no engineer, but I wouldn't think you'd want a wound NC. Make your positive blank, use that to make the 2 part negative, then lay your fabric on axis and off axis. You'll still need to add nose weight, and it'll be stiffer than you need it to be.

I don't think that a FW nosecone is necessarily stronger than one laid up with fabric, but I could be wrong.

Dan at Python Rocketry can make you a FG or CF nosecone (with aluminum tip) in any size/profile. He does great work.

Contact Crazy Jim. He has a buddy named Charlie O. that does custom NC's.

Back