Missile Works Memorial Day Sale

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MWC

Reaction score
Starting tonight and running through 9 PM Monday May 30th, we are offering a blanket 10% off on your entire order.

Also starting on Monday at 9 AM, we're going to offer up another chance to pre-order our soon to be released RTx/GPS System. We are very close to release and in our final production phase, so if you missed our Cyber Monday pre-order offer late last year you'll get another chance to pre-order with an introductory price discount.

Thanks in advance to everyone for your continued support.

Looks like I won't be waiting to get that 3D printed RRC3 sled!

Sweet! I need to replace my brand new RRC2+ that I screwed up when drilling the hole for visual confirmation of the LED in the airframe (and the bit grabbed when it broke through).... Ugh... There's no saving that one. I swear I took the alt out but... That'll teach me to double check in the future.

Oh well, a good show and tell item...

Sweet! I need to replace my brand new RRC2+ that I screwed up when drilling the hole for visual confirmation of the LED in the airframe (and the bit grabbed when it broke through).... Ugh... There's no saving that one. I swear I took the alt out but... That'll teach me to double check in the future.

Oh well, a good show and tell item...

Aw man, that s#&!s. I almost did that too actually but I knicked my sled fortunately

Last edited:
I am definitely excited at the possibility of RTX but still a little confused by what it will cost or exactly what it will provide in common configurations.

I am definitely excited at the possibility of RTX but still a little confused by what it will cost or exactly what it will provide in common configurations.

All will become clearer on Monday in regard to the RTx system...
We'll load the cart with our finalized system configurations for pre-purchase.

RTx/GPS production boards are finally in the fabrication cycle, so we can now get serious about pricing and release.

Oh awesome, so I can read all about it while the pre order price is still active, at least for a few hours. Thanks!

Jim,

What about those of us who already pre-ordered we still have not received the promised email allowing us to configure our systems.

Been so long I forgot (lost interest) just what I ordered, and never was told the balance I still owe. I'm still foggy on what kind of case the receiver comes with, or does it?

We will start contacting all our Cyber Monday pre-purchasers in pre-purchase order this coming week after the holiday now that we will officially be posting up all our pricing and system combos. We'll also have the new collection of cables, Bluetooth peripherals, and new 3D printed items to compliment the RTx/GPS system.

I have one reserved from Black Friday. I am unclear what the edge mount option is?

I have one reserved from Black Friday. I am unclear what the edge mount option is?

Jim will correct me if I am wrong but I believe the one you see in this photo is an edge mounted option vs. being mounted flat on the PCB board.

389608540.jpg

Sorry guys, crazy morning with contractors arriving for some demolition work.

The RTx pre-purchase is finally in the shopping cart:
https://www.missileworks.com/store/#!/RTx-GPS-Rocket-Telematics-System/p/66739071/category=19567056

With the existing 10% discount, your final price works out to $100 at checkout.
PLEASE order this pre-purchase separate and apart from any other items.

The "edge mount" GPS module is shown in the product picture. This uses a custom 3D printed brace and edge-mounted terminal block letting you mount the GPS patch antenna perpendicular to the PCB, giving you the best GPS performance during boost and coast phase.

Jim will correct me if I am wrong but I believe the one you see in this photo is an edge mounted option vs. being mounted flat on the PCB board.

389608540.jpg

Exactly, Tim.

If you purchase the standard configuration, it installs on the PCB directly in the open patch of real-estate (there's a black connector on this proto board).

Jim - are you still planning on selling a case of some sort for the Receiver/LCD boards?

Jim - are you still planning on selling a case of some sort for the Receiver/LCD boards?

Why yes, indeed!

The 3D Printed case for the RTx/GPS is comprised of two separate pieces:

- 3D printed case for the LCD Terminal
- 3D printed case for the RTx/GPS "Base" unit.

You can purchase them as separate cases, or together as a complete case.

You can hard mount the LCD case to the Receiver case with screws for a dedicated solution, or your LCD case can pull double duty and be used for you RTx "Base" and your RRC3 by attaching the LCD case to the receiver case with velcro. A short custom LCD cable is supplied with the Receiver case.

The Receiver case has a side-mounted toggle switch for power and a removable bottom cover for battery replacement. You can house a 9V alkaline or a 1S Lipo easily inside the case. There's also a snap in mount for our HC06 Bluetooth slave module inside the case and a reinforced 900 MHz antenna mount.

The Pause/Advance button operator sits directly in the basic center of the case for easy interaction during flying operations.

DSCN1260.jpg

Jim, how much are the cases? Sounds like a great solution!

The Combo price (both GPS receiver and LCD) with all the accoutrements (switch, screws, LCD cable) $39.95
The GPS receiver case alone with accoutrements (switch, screws, LCD cable) $27.95
The LCD Terminal case alone is $13.95

Thanks for the info Jim. Will you be sending out emails to the Christmas pre-orders soon?

Yes -

We will start contacting all our Cyber Monday pre-purchasers in pre-purchase order this coming week after the holiday now that we have posted up all our pricing and system combos.

Back