Dr Heimlich Saves a Life

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zeus-cat

Reaction score
The famous Dr. Heimlich saves a life using... wait for it... the Heimlich Maneuver. His first time ever. He's 96 years old and he invented the technique 42 years ago in 1974.

My niece is around today because my sister knows it. And like so many others, the reason was a poorly chewed hotdog bite.

We had to use it twice on my son growing up. Once swallowed a striped peppermint whole, other time stuffing his face with tortilla chips. In both cases at a restaurant and in both cases a friend or acquaintance doing "da maneuver" versus my wife or myself.

Used it once on a passed out drunk in a pool. Not sure that he was choking or swallowed water or not, but it was protocol at the time. It had the desired result- he vomited all over me and eventually took a swing at the medic.

Used it once on a passed out drunk in a pool. Not sure that he was choking or swallowed water or not, but it was protocol at the time. It had the desired result- he vomited all over me and eventually took a swing at the medic.

Isn't that how it always goes? :grin:

Used the Heimlich twice over the years, once on a friend and once on a stranger at a restaurant. Worked as planned both times, thank goodness.

Back