Partizon maiden launch plus first reload - Launch Video

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Agatheron

Reaction score
Well, the Partizon is done, and yesterday had a nice wind and window to do launch.

This was also my first attempt with an Aerotech E23-5T reload, so it could have gone really well or really badly, you be the judge:

[YOUTUBE]Kb6AtU1UAp4[/YOUTUBE]

All told, I'm reasonably happy. I wanted to keep this first flight pretty low. It's a big rocket.

... so it could have gone really well or really badly, you be the judge:

My verdict: REALLY WELL ! Good up. Good down, seemed a tad quick though. What size chute ? Nit picking really, how does she look ?

Nice flight! You should include some "After" pics so we can see how well it looks after its first flight.

No after pics yet, but it landed without a scratch on it. Its a robust built with several layers of future. I think even a 5 second delay on this motor is too long, so I may need to invest in a drill. The air was so calm that it went straight up, and started to fall straight back down instead of taking a ballistic trajectory before the parachute popped. I was watching that almost holding my breath. It wasn't powerful, the E23 would have only put it to about 375ft or thereabouts. This was my first launch of a Blue Thunder motor, I was really surprised at how little smoke there was. Even the Redline produces more smoke than this one, and I'm mostly used to White Lightning in composite motors. As my daughter remarked in the video, the composite was certainly louder than a BP.

Good flight, nice and straight. Awesome ground crew too!

My first composite motor was a F42T. I was sorely disappointed. It was more like a hiss than the roar I wanted. And I guess the blue flame isn't really visible until they get way bigger.

My first reload was a G53FJ, that had the smoke I wanted. My Partizon still hasn't flown.

Mike

Great first flight! I say the video belongs on the Estes website since it was pretty much a text book flight. What engine do you plan on using for the second flight?

Best regards,
Brian

Great first flight! I say the video belongs on the Estes website since it was pretty much a text book flight. What engine do you plan on using for the second flight?

Best regards,
Brian[/QUOTE

I think it was a great first flight. Any time you can recover without a bag in your hand or your head down is a great launch in my book. Sounds like you guys had a bunch of fun. Have a great time on your climb upward toward more impulse. Oz

Best regards,
Brian

While this was my first with a reload, I have several single use that may be good to use. I have F20-7W, F23-7J, and an F27-8R. The delays may be a bit long, but they'll do 700-900 ft.

We flew ours on an F20-4W. The delay was just about right.

[video=youtube_share;HugZNUaQTng]https://youtu.be/HugZNUaQTng[/video]

7 seconds seems a bit long to me.

Agreed. I got these motors initially for my Prowler which flies rather high on them. I was curious if they'd be useful with the Partizon.

Agreed. I got these motors initially for my Prowler which flies rather high on them. I was curious if they'd be useful with the Partizon.

It might be fine. You could sim it in OR and see what it says.

Back