Official CTI Statement on Motor Production

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobkrech

Reaction score
Attached is the official CTI statement on the status of CTI motor production.

View attachment General CTI Statement - May 24, 2016.pdf

Summary:

• Dr. Louwers is still in the hospital but improving every week
  • CTI is shipping motors from inventory in the short term
  • There will be shortages in some motor propellants/sizes in the short term
  • New propellant production should start by the end of July
  • Full production may not occur until early next year
  • Schedule is best estimate and subject to change

Please read the attachment for the full details.

Bob Krech, TRF Administrator

Thanks, Bob. That is very informative and should cut down on speculation and worry-warting.

Good to see an official update. Seems to be good news all around considering the circumstances. Continued thoughts for Dr louwers and his family.

Short-Term (1-3 month window)
- Limited to existing inventory for all Pro24-98 (no production)

Mid-Term (2-8 month window):
- Pro24: lots of Vmax, WhiteT, Classic available (shortage amongst others propellants)
- Pro29-54; most types available (a few propellants may have shortages)
- Pro75-98 will have limited production
- No Pro54 Longburn
- No Pro75 6G (M3700)
- Some shortages anticipated with Vmax, WhiteT, and C-star propellant in general

Long-Term (6-18 month window)
- 90-100% full production
- Potential delays in Pro54 Longburn
- Potential delays in Pro75 6G (M3700)

it was great to get an update back in may, and it quieted the rumors, but we have not heard anything official in so long that the bad noises are starting up again. Awesome that DrJ is improving! But word on the street is still zero production and dealer stock seems to agree.

I'm hearing that things are slowly improving too, i still think and, wish for a positive recovery for Jeroen more than anything.

Your still in our thoughts "J"...

It would be nice to get an update to see if they are on the schedule that they put on their website earlier this year. Our kids are in SLI and TARC, and teams are making motor choices soon. It would be useful to their customers to let them know what's happening- even if they can't meet those deadlines. I emailed a few CTI dealers about availability and didn't even get a response back.

Sport flying is one thing, but many CTI users are having to make advance plans for these competitions, and getting an update would be really useful.

I'll bite the bullet and be the monthly question asker:

Does anyone have news or knowledge of the Cesaroni plant situation?

Jeroen? I know your out there checking in from time to time. I wanted to say that I hope that you and, your family have a Merry Christmas and, new year to come filled with many positive improvements. Bless you my friend....

Jeroen? I know your out there checking in from time to time. I wanted to say that I hope that you and, your family have a Merry Christmas and, new year to come filled with many positive improvements. Bless you my friend....

+1.

J, haven't got to meet you yet except by post & reputation, but I look forward to it in person sometime.

Happy Holidays!

That letter made my day, especially hearing that the TARC motor supply should be good by the time serious flying gets underway (we have some number of teams flying with us at DART). And maybe I can finally stop hoarding those glorious I100 longburns.

While this is good news, my concern for Jeroen is far more significant that my concern for my ability to get reloads. I would love to hear he is making good progress toward a meaningful recovery.

I must agree. Anthony will do what is best for CTI and what he can do for us in the rocketry family. However the ONLY thing that counts is Dr. J.

Back