Online Rocketry Calculator

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cwbullet

Obsessed with Rocketry
Staff member
Administrator
Global Mod
Reaction score
Guys,

I am working on an online rocketry calculator that will allow users to easily calculate different things such as black powder needed for dual deployment. Any one have anything in particular you want to see?

Chuck

I think it needs to have diameter and length of the compartment, desired pressure in psi, and from there calculate the required bp. Calculating number of shear pins in both 2x56 and 4x40 would be good.

Basically, this would be the calculator that was built into the old ROL/ Infocentral page. I have a copy of the page on my pic at home. Nice and functional. Chuck, shoot me a pm if you are interested in it.

Things I use for EVERY rocket project:

* Descent calculator which I enter rocket weight and it cross references sizes needed for x form(.6), flat sheet(.8), ellipsoid(1.5), and toroidal(2.2) parachutes
* Ejection charge calculator which cross includes sheer strength of a given quantity of sheer pins and atmospheric effects at altitude
* Static port size calculator
* Minimum impulse calculator for given rocket weight

Everything else I get from OR or gets checked with OR calculations.

I also have off-line calculators, essentially excel spreadsheets with formulas that I have modified for my needs in some cases. However having the tools online and all in one place, would be convenient, so thank you Chuck. I would add a ratio calculator and consider a fractional inch to decimal inch calculator or quick reference guide, below are two that I use frequently.

For mixing up batches of epoxy https://www.calculatorsoup.com/calculators/math/ratios.php
Quick reference guide for fractional inches to decimal inches https://www.hamuniverse.com/antfrac.html

You guys have sparked some ideas.

Mach to fps to mph converter. Meters to feet converter. Pounds to ounces to grams.

Back