My son's astronaut birthday.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bat-mite

Rocketeer in MD
Reaction score
My son turned five today. He is absolutely obsessed with space and the solar system.

So I got him his first RTF rocket, an Estes Fuse with a 4-pack of A3 motors. His little face just lit up, and he can't wait to launch!

But that was nothing compared to his next gift -- a space suit, complete with NASA logos, an American flag patch, and a cap. He was so stoked.

I know some kids go through phases, but it would not surprise me if he goes into space some day.

Way too cool John,,
good for you man..
That's nice to hear...
Growing up seeing rocketry so much he just may choose that course...

Teddy

A boy I had in a PCS class went to Cal Tech and is now working for NASA at the Cape. I doubt he'll make it to space but it's still cool to know he did get work in the space industry.

Nice! Hope he does get to go to space one day.

My oldest (6 at the time) looked at us at dinner one night, and said "I'm going to go to Mars someday"...I was about to explain how that was crazy when I realized if I had to put money on anyone I know to do it, it would be him.

Kids dreams seam crazy when we look at it as jaded adults, but they just might end up doing it, so let's encourage away...looks like you are already.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice! Hope he does get to go to space one day.

My oldest (6 at the time) looked at us at dinner one night, and said "I'm going to go to Mars someday"...I was about to explain how that was crazy when I realized if I had to put money on anyone I know to do it, it would be him.

Kids dreams seam crazy when we look at it as jaded adults, but they just might end up doing it, so let's encourage away...looks like you are already.

Thanks, Beaker (may I call you beaker?). :) He clearly has a math and engineering brain, and we live pretty close to Goddard Space Flight Center. So whether he makes it into space or not, the opportunity for a career with NASA is certainly there.

A boy I had in a PCS class went to Cal Tech and is now working for NASA at the Cape. I doubt he'll make it to space but it's still cool to know he did get work in the space industry.

Cool. Yeah, for every person who has been to space or engineered a rocket or a space craft, there are teachers, friends and family who "knew them when...."

Back