Rocketeer in training...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeyDSlagle

Reaction score
...she doesn't stand a chance, as evident by her wearing starship pjs, she is truly geeked at birth. She is even named after one of my most beloved computer RPG characters from my youth. Her father is a geek, gun nut, rocketeer and a bit of a history buff. She just had to help.

My only child, 18 months tomorrow. Sitting in a chair built by my Grandpaw probably 50 years ago, polishing my Madcow Cowabunga. She is the 4th generation Dixon to sit in that chair. And all of us before her sanded or polished something as well.

View attachment 291893 View attachment 291890 View attachment 291894

And the finished product. I did the painting and polishing myself (with some help) and the lettering and logos are by Mark at Stickershock - first time using him. Some of you fellow geeks or gamers will pick up on the theme.

View attachment 291891 View attachment 291892

Just thought I would share,

Mike

Last edited:
I like the Fallout theme. Haven't bought 4 yet... So what's your daughter's name?

Ha,,
Man is she cute Mickey...
Good for you,,
How much fun are you two going to have launching and chasing rockets...
You are one lucky man...
Enjoy these years,, they go by in a blink....

Teddy

Fun! I remember the first time I built a rocket that was taller than my oldest. I never thought I'd end up building rockets that were bigger than me!

Thanks folks. The time does fly by, it's unbelievable how fast. I thought it sped up when I hit 30, that was nothing.
I haven't built one taller than me yet, but it's not far off.

Fallout 4 is awesome though my PS4 hasn't been turned on in months. I was gonna make the rocket semi steam punk and beaten/battered like stuff you find in the games, but wanted to practice on my polishing, and the jumpsuit blue/yellow turned out nice.

Her name is Imoen Serenity. Pronounced "M O Win" From the Baldur's Gate computer games in the '90s. She was the first companion to join. The name stuck with me all these years and was the first one I thought of. Serenity wasn't really for the ship in Firefly, but it was a cool coincidence. Lol We have caught some flak for her first name for sure.

Thanks for looking,
Mike

As a side note, in the game Imoen and the player character were Bha'alspawn, and that's on my mind as the theme for my upcoming Lvl 1 build

Last edited:
I think everybody loved Minsc and Boo except for me! He wouldn't shut up talking to the stupid hamster LOL. Then he turned on me for not dropping everything and going after his precious Dynaheir fast enough for him. And he didn't get along with my other party members. I never managed chaotic good either, I hovered around chaotic neutral.

You got the right idea. Get the kids started early, and teach them that the polishing is "fun" so you don't have to do it.

She's adorbs.

Back