Anyone Else Having Trouble with Rustoleum Spray Paint?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GuyNoir

Reaction score
Racing to get ready for the NSL and have a bunch of models to paint. A lot of them use white. I get two cans of Rustoleum from Menards (think "Home Depot" but in the Midwest), and after one use, the nozzle keeps clogging up when I try to use the can again.

Any ideas, suggestions, solutions? This is really frustrating to me!!!! :mad:

Racing to get ready for the NSL and have a bunch of models to paint. A lot of them use white. I get two cans of Rustoleum from Menards (think "Home Depot" but in the Midwest), and after one use, the nozzle keeps clogging up when I try to use the can again.

Any ideas, suggestions, solutions? This is really frustrating to me!!!! :mad:

Clogged nozzles happen more often then you might think. I keep a jar of Lacquer Thinner into which I put any nozzle that seem to get stopped up. Normally this Lacquer Thinner bath opens the nozzle over night. Just take the nozzle out and reinstall on the can.
Hope it helps.
PS if you keep a couple extra nozzles soaking in the LT you'll have an extra when the one that comes with the can clogs.

I usually have great success with Rusto spray paint from Menards. I especially like the 2x flat white Primer.

However, after a very frustrating experience with Rusto 2x Gloss White (multiple bad cans), I switched to Krylon Gloss white from Walmart. The Krylon worked much better for me.

Yes. I've had three cans of primer recently quit spraying (two weeks ago). Each was over half full. I'd never had that issue before so I'm not sure what gives. Haven't changed any storage situations or anything. All happened on the same day; but cans had been started on different days. I pulled new nozzles off unused cans and they still wouldn't spray. almost like it's clogged from down in the can.

I generally save a couple of nozzles that have proven themselves "good" instead of tossing them out when the can runs empty.

Always a good idea to keep a few spares handy.

Back