Who is still owed something by performance rocketry, rocketry warehouse, or ProLine

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Curtis,

please take a look at RW order# 4598. I still need to pay the international shipping costs, as soon as they are determined (you might remember our phone call). There is also an upgrade requested in the comments, that I believe is not yet accounted for in the amount paid so far.

My buddy, for whom the 75mm Mongoose is for, is getting concerned about running into scheduling conflicts. The other kits are not yet destined for a particular launch.

Thanks,
Reinhard

Just an update: Today I received my package. Thanks!

For those interested: I tried to reach Curtis on the cell phone number that he had posted and within a few minutes he called back. This was our third call (I didn't send any emails). After three days (over the weekend), I got my tracking number. USPS shipping was kinda slow, but it got there in the end.

Reinhard

Right around 2004-2005 I placed an order for a 4" boattail and 4" nosecone. Never got the parts.

Edward

Hi Curtis

I am still waiting for any information about my outstanding RW orders #4825 (31 Jan 2016) and #4832 (1 Feb 2016).

What is their status? Are they deliverable?

Thanks
John Davies

Are these orders going to be shipped any time soon? It has been over 5 months!

Are these orders going to be shipped any time soon? It has been over 5 months!

Same old story! Still waiting over 10yrs. For the 5.5" carbon Honest John I was promised before the Canadian LDRS 😏

Same old story! Still waiting over 10yrs. For the 5.5" carbon Honest John I was promised before the Canadian LDRS 

Are there consumer rights laws that can help in theses cases over there? Trying to sort this sorry mess out from Oz is very frustrating, particularly with a vendor that doesn't appear to care about customer service and not shipping goods that have been paid for.

Last edited:
Is there any updated - I gave my information about the parts I ordered in Spring 2005 - I looked back through e-mail and it was right after Springfest - was going to build another 4-inch rocket but just got taken for a ride.

Edward

As an update, I have finally received my order from RW. It made it here in record time once it was shipped. So, thank you Curtis, you finally came through. I hope all the others get theirs, too.

The kit and parts are of very good quality.

As an update, I have finally received my order from RW. It made it here in record time once it was shipped. So, thank you Curtis, you finally came through. I hope all the others get theirs, too.

The kit and parts are of very good quality.

That is great! I still haven't heard back on my nosecone and boattail that were four inch.

Edward

Already asked about my order #4529 75mm carbon mongoose and was told sorry. Been off the grid since. But ran across this thread just now. I just plain gave up.

Caution to those who are tempted to do business with Curtis.
Despite promises that he's changed....that he is [now] a man of his word....don't do business with him.

I talked to him in February about a special NoseCone.
A little out of the ordinary, but something he had a mandrel for and said he could make. That he would make, "easily."
He asked me to PayPal him $115 for it, shipped. Said it would take a couple of weeks.
I sent the money at the end of February....for delivery by JUNE.

In mid March, when I called him, he said the NC was done and curing and would ship soon.
Since this all sounded good, I talked to him about an interstage coupler part that I also needed - a replacement for one he made for me before - I asked if he could make one and ship it with the NC together.
He said yes. Give him a couple of weeks and $160, which I did by Paypal.

Well - then RADIO SILENCE.

I did catch him driving home one day and he said he was having trouble with the IC and asked if he could change the pitch.
I agreed and he said he would make the part that weekend.

MORE RADIO SILENCE.
I LEFT DOZENS OF VOICE MAILS....asking for status....for my parts....eventually FOR MY MONEY BACK.

HE WILL NOT CALL.
HE WILL NOT REFUND MY MONEY.

I'm pissed: He carelessly nuked the schedule for a major Balls project, and until he returns my money, I will also consider him a thief.

Last edited:
HE WILL NOT CALL.
HE WILL NOT REFUND MY MONEY.

I'm pissed: He carelessly nuked the schedule for a major Balls project, and until he returns my money, I will also consider him a thief.

After all that has been posted in this thread and others you still ordered(?). :rolleyes:

After all that has been posted in this thread and others you still ordered(?).

Well....
1 - He called me about this thread and set things straight from the past.
2 - He said that was all behind him
3 - They were for replacement parts for a kit he sold me long ago....HIS PARTS....
4 - He promised delivery ... after I specifically questioned him based on his past and said again, that was his past.
5 - Apparently, I was stupid and he is back to his old tricks.....

Well....
3 - They were for replacement parts for a kit he sold me long ago....HIS PARTS....
4 - He promised delivery ... after I specifically questioned him based on his past and said again, that was his past.

Well, thanks for "taking one for the team" and providing yet another siren call.

Can you make a PayPal claim for something paid for in March? I thought you had 30 days?

Also -- these are indeed CUSTOM parts. They are for the half-scale Nike Apache kit that is long out of production. MadCow, nor anyone else has them.

Can you make a PayPal claim for something paid for in March? I thought you had 30 days?

Also -- these are indeed CUSTOM parts. They are for the half-scale Nike Apache kit that is long out of production. MadCow, nor anyone else has them.

I do not think there is a limit as the parts have not been received. By accepting your money he has made a promise to deliver- hit up paypal.

Mark is correct though you should file a claim within 180 days.

Purchase Protection covers all eligible purchases where PayPal is used, as well as payments made through our website. To take advantage of Purchase Protection, we require, among other things, that PayPal accounts be kept in good standing and ask that a dispute be filed within 180 days of your purchase or payment.

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/paypal-safety-and-security

-- Roger

You have protection....as long as you paid using regular invoice payment.

If paid through "friends and family" , nope.

Well....

Well FWIW I can totally see this happening with me. I definitely would have been convinced that it was all behind him if he told me in person. Well, heres to hoping things get straightened out. Sure hate to see a fellow flier go through crapola like this.

Yea, it sucks.
A small silver lining in all this is that the waiver at Balls this year can't support this flight.
We are forced to stand-down for a year, so I've got time to get the parts I need from somewhere else.

Yea, it sucks.
A small silver lining in all this is that the waiver at Balls this year can't support this flight.
We are forced to stand-down for a year, so I've got time to get the parts I need from somewhere else.

What do you mean the waiver cannot support this flight? As far as I know we haven't had to back off on the waiver, but it's possible I missed something.

Back