• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

10" Nike Smoke For Sale With Accesories if Desired

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ozwald

Reaction score
Hey all. Current health conditions are making it necessary for me to back off a little from the hobby, or at least the larger models. I just can't envision flying this again, not gonna happen. For any of you out there who are close to Arizona, I am offering up my absolute most prized possession. This is a 10" Polecat Nike Smoke which was my level 3 project. It was built stock as per instructions and is bomb proof. It has flown twice and has suffered very little damage, mostly transportation Knicks and such. Recovery items included if desired. 75/7680 Full motor (New) with M1850W reload included if desired. To many modifications to list here. I also have other hardware and reloads from 54/1706 and up. (Would like to hold onto everything I have below 54/1706 impulse). I will continue to attempt to fly my more manageable models and don't want to completely get out of the hobby. Anyone that is interested can PM me and I can send more pics or answer any questions you may have. This is a decision that I really didn't want to make but I'm afraid that I have no choice at this juncture. Those who are looking for hardware above 54/1280 or any other rocketry related item can contact me also, I may have what you are seeking. All of the fellow rocketeers that helped me complete my collection of odds and ends I thank all of you and certainly mean no disrespect. It is what it is. Of course the "Smoke" cannot realistically be shipped nor do I have provisions to ship any reloads so all items except hardware must be picked up or possibly I can deliver within a reasonable distance of Northern Arizona. All offers will be considered so let me know if you have interest... OZ
View attachment 291488

Damn shame you have to sell it. Hope you're doing okay.

Oh, man, that's a nice looking Nike Smoke. I'm building their 10" Thumper now and I'd *love* to have yours to go along with it, but, alas, I live in Atlanta. :(

Good luck w/ the sale as well as with your health issues.

Oh, man, that's a nice looking Nike Smoke. I'm building their 10" Thumper now and I'd *love* to have yours to go along with it, but, alas, I live in Atlanta. :(

Good luck w/ the sale as well as with your health issues.

Thanks PropellantHead. I appreciate your kind words. OZ. Good luck with your Thumper build.

:cheers:Doesn't appear that the post is generating much interest. I kinda figured that would be the case. Thank you all for looking but I'm afraid I'll have to try a different avenue.

Do you have any 54mm hardware you're looking to part with?

If close to AHPRAs area of operations I would try to contact them. That is a perfect setup for BALLS. Interest in the big stuff is always slow. Check the Balls thread out see who is their maybe send them a polite PM and ask for guidance on who what where to make the sale.

If close to AHPRAs area of operations I would try to contact them. That is a perfect setup for BALLS. Interest in the big stuff is always slow. Check the Balls thread out see who is their maybe send them a polite PM and ask for guidance on who what where to make the sale.

Thanks for your recommendations M2Rocketry. I appreciate your help. Oz

Hey Oz,

Sorry to hear you need to shift directions. If I lived in your neck of the woods I'd put it protective custody for you.
We had a Nike Smoke drag race here at TCC yesterday afternoon. About a dozen 4" Smokes (with a couple of 5'ers in for good measure).
It would have been fun to have yours on the away pad for a grand finale.

Hey Oz,

Sorry to hear you need to shift directions. If I lived in your neck of the woods I'd put it protective custody for you.
We had a Nike Smoke drag race here at TCC yesterday afternoon. About a dozen 4" Smokes (with a couple of 5'ers in for good measure).
It would have been fun to have yours on the away pad for a grand finale.

Good Morning Bill. That sounds like good fun for sure. I think I remember you relaying that one of those "Smokes" was yours? Glad you're getting a chance to get out and fly. Have a great Sunday. Oz

I would love to have it, but 1) I am in Maryland, and, 2) my wife could kill me. Good luck!

Maybe we all could ship it around the country from state to state and take turns caretaking it until I'm better if that day ever comes.:lol::cheers:

Hey good idea! Does storing it on various launch rails during certain short time intervals for "display purposes" count as "caretaking"? :grin:

Hey good idea! Does storing it on various launch rails during certain short time intervals for "display purposes" count as "caretaking"? :grin:

"Dude! What are you going to tell him afterwards?!?"

"I don't know...I'll probably just say something like - Oops! It just went off!"

I'm driving up Saturday to get some motors from Oz on my way to a Memorial Day event in Las Vegas. I'll be back in Phoenix on Tuesday. If anyone in the Phoenix or Vegas valley wants to work a deal with Oz, I can courier.

Back