motor retainers with open rocket ?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobby_hamill

Reaction score
I assume if I want to model Aero Pack or SlimLine Retainers in Open Rocket I need to use the "mass object" option ?
Or is there another way ?

Thanks !

Bobby

or one could use a centering ring that overhangs the motor tube by about 1/8".
Rex

You can also add an aluminum transition that has the forward and aft diameters nearly the same. It allows you to get the dimensions and thickness to match the real thing and position it as you'd seen it on the finished build. Another advantage of doing it this way is on minimum diameter builds you will more accurately reflect the drag.

Note: I didn't read the thread title closely enough. My comments above apply to Rocksim. I have no clue on OpenRocket features/operation.

You can also add an aluminum transition that has the forward and aft diameters nearly the same. It allows you to get the dimensions and thickness to match the real thing and position it as you'd seen it on the finished build. Another advantage of doing it this way is on minimum diameter builds you will more accurately reflect the drag.

Note: I didn't read the thread title closely enough. My comments above apply to Rocksim. I have no clue on OpenRocket features/operation.

Similar technique Tim for OR.

Or you can use a motor block and set the dimensions and set the material as aluminum.

Or use a body tube. Set the thickness, mass, length and so on. Even cap it with a centering ring if you like.

Back