Model rocket finishing tip

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BRS Hobbies

Reaction score
Be sure to write down somewhere the brand and color of paint(s) that you used to paint each of your rockets. This information will come in handy for touch ups and repairs down the road.

I learned this the hard way since I was going to touch up a red nose cone on one of my rockets and had several different cans of red spray paint. It took a little while to figure out which one I used to paint the rocket originally.

Best regards,
Brian

Good idea, Brian! I ran into that same problem once with yellow spray paint. At one point I would use a sharpie to write the names of the rockets on the side of the spray can so I didn't have to try to remember which brand painted which rocket.

Good idea, Brian! I ran into that same problem once with yellow spray paint. At one point I would use a sharpie to write the names of the rockets on the side of the spray can so I didn't have to try to remember which brand painted which rocket.
I've been writing the sharpie on cans for a few years now.
Picture 063.jpg

Be sure to write down somewhere the brand and color of paint(s) that you used to paint each of your rockets. This information will come in handy for touch ups and repairs down the road.

I learned this the hard way since I was going to touch up a red nose cone on one of my rockets and had several different cans of red spray paint. It took a little while to figure out which one I used to paint the rocket originally.

Best regards,
Brian
I journal probably too much info on my rockets
Picture 067.jpgPicture 071.jpgPicture 066.jpgPicture 070.jpgPicture 066.jpg

Good tip... However, wouldn't this go under Model Rocket RE-Finishing? :wink:

Pointy Side Up!
Jim

Using a Sharpie, I've marked the bottom of rockets with an "R" if I used Rusto and a "K" if I used Krylon (it seems that these two often don't like each other and are the most widely available). I also make sure to use the same brand for the entire rocket.

Note: If you haven't marked or don't recall, you can carefully spray a bit into a small cup and wet brush some onto the bottom of the rocket and wait to see if it plays well. :)

Back