High Power Cluster Rocker CHAIR

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dford

Tada
Reaction score
Has anyone out there thought about strapping high power cluster, tri or quad cluster a "chair". My thought would be to hold onto the parachute ( no recovery charge of course ) and throw it at Apogee. Realistically this obviously isnt safe what so ever but theoretically...how cool and fun would that be?

Not going to try it anytime soon, mostly because I am six four two twenty but really a small human could work right?

*high power rocket* chair*

Last edited:
Has anyone out there thought about strapping high power cluster, tri or quad cluster a "chair". My thought would be to hold onto the parachute ( no recovery charge of course ) and throw it at Apogee. Realistically this obviously isnt safe what so ever but theoretically...how cool and fun would that be?

Not going to try it anytime soon, mostly because I am six four two twenty but really a small human could work right?

Well, kinda.
After watching a Mythbusters episode, I was going to build a decorative chair with several dozen BP motors rigged to look like ancient Chinese skyrockets complete with the Wan Hu "astronaut".

I got as far as sketching up the chair, and having a seamstress make a costume for a Asian fighter pilot GI Joe doll.
Couldn't figure out where the recovery system would fit.

image-of-Wan-Hu-taking-off1.jpg

Last edited:
Well, kinda.
After watching a Mythbusters episode, I was going to build a decorative chair with several dozen BP motors rigged to look like ancient Chinese skyrockets complete with the Wan Hu "astronaut".

I got as far as sketching up the chair, and having a seamstress make a costume for a Asian fighter pilot GI Joe doll.
Couldn't figure out where the recovery system would fit.

image-of-Wan-Hu-taking-off1.jpg

It would be hilarious to use the costume as a streamer. Rig it up to a cable cutter actuated release so it gets ripped off on the way down.

There was a show called "Master Blasters" or something like that.
They did a couch like that, with a full sized dummy as the "pilot".
Don't remember if the flight went that well or not.......

Obviously you would have to be very wealthy and have a lot of very good lawyers since it violates all hobby rocket safety codes you have no insurance coverage, and you are also breaking the law in all NFPA states (and probably these 4 that aren't), so you wouldn't have any other insurance coverage for the inevitable lawsuits and criminal charges that would be filed on half of the rocket passenger who would most likely be insured or killed as a result of the flight........

Bob

Obviously you would have to be very wealthy and have a lot of very good lawyers since it violates all hobby rocket safety codes you have no insurance coverage, and you are also breaking the law in all NFPA states (and probably these 4 that aren't), so you wouldn't have any other insurance coverage for the inevitable lawsuits and criminal charges that would be filed on half of the rocket passenger who would most likely be insured or killed as a result of the flight........

Bob

Well, yeah, there's that. [emoji1360]

Back