What is the best rocket simulation software?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MostafaAwad

Reaction score
hi every body
the next year i will make my graduation project :)
and i ask for the best , famous and advanced software for design and simulation of rockets to learn it , and It is better with video course to help me for learn it

sorry iam dont speak english lang well :(

OpenRocket is a free shareware utility that runs on Java. There are lots of downloadable pieces here at TRF, to add motors, tranisitions, fins, etc. It is what most people here use.

RockSim is very similar to OpenRocket with a few more bells and whistles. It can be purchased from Apogee Components.

Some people prefer RASAero, which is also free, but I don't know much about it.

OpenRocket and RASAero are free, yes. RockSim is a purchase, but it also comes with support. There is a professional version of RockSim that retails for $1000 a license, but that is for serious, professional aerospace engineers.

I got my Level 3 with OpenRocket and saved myself the $100 I would have spent on RockSim to get all the stuff I don't need. To each his own.

OpenRocket for free.

Depending on your school/education level, I'd look into finding and writing a grant and then you could use that to buy a license for RockSim.

My group had some custom tools, DATCOM, and TAOS that are not normally available.

OpenRocket for free.

Depending on your school/education level, I'd look into finding and writing a grant and then you could use that to buy a license for RockSim.

My group had some custom tools, DATCOM, and TAOS that are not normally available.

oh thats good idea ,, thx for this advanced :)

Download OpenRocket and RASAero. Play with them. If you don't like either of them, then consider buying RockSim.

Rocksim has a demo thats free for a period of time. Try it too. I am a hard core Rocksim guy but, if I was just starting out, I likely would go with OpenRocket.

Download OpenRocket and RASAero. Play with them. If you don't like either of them, then consider buying RockSim.

hmmm ,okay i downloaded the openrocket already and now will download RASAero :) ,, i found openrocket fun and easy in use and i will try RASAero too now :)

I used RAS to write a research paper about aerodynamic drag around mach speeds. It's nice but not as user friendly as OR. I use openrocket almost religiously for most rockets.

Rocksim has a demo thats free for a period of time. Try it too. I am a hard core Rocksim guy but, if I was just starting out, I likely would go with OpenRocket.

u are right ,, maybe i will try rocksim too ,, and the OpenRocket is not bad , fun and easy for use :)

I used RAS to write a research paper about aerodynamic drag around mach speeds. It's nice but not as user friendly as OR. I use openrocket almost religiously for most rockets.

What do u mean by (RAS ) ??
sorry my english lang not well :)

I personally have found OR to be more than capable within its limits. I also like that its more intuitive and to me at least has a better "feel" to the GUI.

A better/more intuitive gui than Rasaero maybe. Other than that I feel as though Openrocket pretty much copped the gui of Rocksim.

A better/more intuitive gui than Rasaero maybe. Other than that I feel as though Openrocket pretty much copped the gui of Rocksim.

I like RASAero for its capabilities but not its gui. Rocksim is being upstaged by a free product IMO, and OR gets better with every release.

I've got a nosecone library, parts library, and several complete rocket .ork files posted here on TRF. You can do a search for them... Right now I can barely move (I went on a 4 hour hike yesterday, and I'm feeling it today).

I've got a nosecone library, parts library, and several complete rocket .ork files posted here on TRF. You can do a search for them... Right now I can barely move (I went on a 4 hour hike yesterday, and I'm feeling it today).

oh wow , thx very very much , i will resarch about them :)

Latest posts

Back