WHAT THE HECK!!! Windows 10???

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good luck with your legal assault on Microsoft. Unless you have an army of lawyers it would likely be similar to the battle of Hoth with you as the Rebels.

Just switched to Linux Mint your troubles will be over. I haven't found any program I can't run or find a supplement for. I have been Windows malware free for years now and I will never go back.

TA

Just switched to Linux Mint your troubles will be over. I haven't found any program I can't run or find a supplement for. I have been Windows malware free for years now and I will never go back.

I like that too, except that there is a new hip new Linux every year or two and you have to dump all your package management and switch to whatever the cool kids have now.

FreeBSD is like Linux without the revolving door of distributions, and a great community of developers that is easy to work with or even join.

I like that too, except that there is a new hip new Linux every year or two and you have to dump all your package management and switch to whatever the cool kids have now.

FreeBSD is like Linux without the revolving door of distributions, and a great community of developers that is easy to work with or even join.

I used to use Slackware but it was getting too hard to keep track of packages and when I tried to build/install stuff from scratch it really started to be a more miss than hit process. I switched to Ubuntu and like it. If I have to, I can build
a program from source and it usually works. Kurt

Im going to install tera term , fip, and the missileworks programs on a free win 8.1 64 bit machine i picked up.

I already know my eGG cable drivers are not playing nice, if anything else doesnt work will through in a ssd and load win 7 32 bit on it...i also am not fond of the new UEFI bios.

Kenny

Im going to install tera term , fip, and the missileworks programs on a free win 8.1 64 bit machine i picked up.

I already know my eGG cable drivers are not playing nice, if anything else doesnt work will through in a ssd and load win 7 32 bit on it...i also am not fond of the new UEFI bios.

Kenny

Lock it down with GWX so you don't get duped into upgrading to WinBlows 10. If it's an ex-enterprise machine, it might already be locked down. The place I work for has mission critical software that runs on Win 7 and the IS people have the updating
shut off for that reason. Vendor says no guarantee their software would work on 10. The home editions Win10 "data collection" stuff one is limited as to what they can do. Kurt

Sorry to jump in the pool so late on this one but, *El Diablo 10* finally found its way into my humble Laptop (against my knowing or will) and, locked that Critter up solid like a low fiber constipated experience....

Thank gosh our Rocketry Club has so many Computer gurus, one of whom is thoroughly flushing it right now....(and, I think my payment book is up to TWO J-Motors owed!):jaw:

You can't stop my non Android phone you little %#$&'s! :no:

One question too ponder?

Do you think Microsoft refers to the size and, general condition of some individuals "genitalia" in Renton Washington?

Thanks guys....*Flush**Flush* I gave it some extra push too make sure it comes back to you....unloved and, unwanted. :mad:

Have a nice day-

Go into your control panel and in the programs area go into the updates section and look for KB3035583 and remove it. Change your updates to manual and when you apply future updates one at a time and make sure you know what each one does. MS slide this one in and they will likely do it again so watch out.

Yes, they just tried to sneak it in again for the third time!

"Thank You so much" for this great way to battle the upgrade. It hogs all of the download and computer memory each time it tries to download, I know to check when my computer gets sluggish....

Mike

Not totally true Mint 17.3 will be supported till 2019. Updating is easier that Windows and far more infrequent. Give it a try, don't pay heed to the Linux is hard lies, simply not true it's just different. Linux Mint is so easy you will never have to touch the command line 99% of the time.

TA

Not totally true Mint 17.3 will be supported till 2019. Updating is easier that Windows and far more infrequent. Give it a try, don't pay heed to the Linux is hard lies, simply not true it's just different. Linux Mint is so easy you will never have to touch the command line 99% of the time.

TA

Clarification: Not hard anymore. Use to be quite the bear 20 years ago. Kurt

Back