Perfectfite Mini-timer question...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maxitout

Reaction score
Greetings! I'm hoping someone here might be able to help on this. I have a Perfectflite Minitimer 3, with the G-switch. I done multiple swing tests on this, and it does not work. If I short out the G-switch, it will light my test bulb.
I suspect the G-switch is bad, but the Perfectflite website doesn't have any in stock. Any ideas where I can get one? Thanks!

Phil L.

Yes I made sure it was the correct direction. And, I tested the whole thing. I did test the switch independently by touching both ends with a common wire for a second, and it does work that way, but not when you swing it. That's why I think the G-switch is bad.
Thanks for the info. on that g-switch, I might have to try that.

Phil L.

I googled that, came up with a bunch, but the one that works is $17.00 for Aerocon (!). Perfectflite used to sell those for a couple of bucks. I think I'll just buy a new timer.

Well, don't really want to use a break wire. I rather like the G-switch, a break wire would be more wiring to deal with. Also, our club discourages that, I wanted to use this for 2nd stage airstart.

Phil L.

I have two of the original PET timers, I would use one, but don't have the room in the av bay for them. Thinking about them I haven't used those in a few years, I'm thinking I may sell them, maybe someone else can get some use from them. I think need to review everything I have, and maybe do some upgrades.

Phil L.

Hi..i don't have much experience but i still want to ask how did you do your swing tests?Are you sure you have the g-switch pointed the right direction? NASA didn't once.
During the swing test were you testing just the g switch or the perfectflite system as a whole?

pcb assembly

Last edited:
Back