Personal Note From Papa Elf

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n3tjm

Papa Elf
Reaction score
Just wanted to share with my friends here that after a year and a half of dating Jess, on Thursday morning I ended our relationship. She told me to either propose or end the relationship. I really did enjoy most of our time together, but her personality clashed with mine, and I just wasn't happy anymore. I felt that I was being forced into a marriage that I didn't want. I been this way for a long time, but could not bring myself to end it. But she gave me the choice. I took it. It wasn't the choice she was expecting I would take, and now she regrets say that... but the time to break up was long overdue.

Anyway, my family and her family support my decision (and was not surprised by it either), just have to get through the next few weeks or months to get over it myself. I am not hurting as much as her, and not as much as my previous breakup several years ago, but I do miss her, and I do have some hard times. I would appreciate prayers to give me strength, and maybe when the time is right, to send the right person my way.

Last edited:
Ultimatums are never easy for either party. Prayers to both of you for strength and perseverance.

Sad times are hard, but don't you worry, your own little elf is out there somewhere!

I am very sorry to hear this Elf..
Don't forget,, the clock and calendar will
move so fast you won't believe it..
It seems 3 months ago was a blink,,
that's how fast the next 3 months will go by...
Prayers for you Elf,,,
time will surely heal these wounds...
And time will surely bring you the right person for you...

Teddy

Here is my perspective, you may or may not find it helpful. Over the years, college and beyond, I dated some really nice girls. Two, I seriously considered marrying and one of those I fully intended to propose marriage, but she short-circuited it (long story). It hurt a lot. Twenty-five years later I can still feel some of that pain.

On the other hand, I've been married for over twenty years to an awesome woman and have great kids. I can't imagine how different my life would be if I had ended up with any of the others. I wouldn't trade what I have for anything.

Don't try to force a relationship to happen. In my experience, God brings people into your path when you, and they, are ready. Focus on becoming the kind of a man a woman would want to have (and on a religious not, focus on becoming the person that God is calling you to be).

The pain will fade.

But when the right one comes, it will be easier to understand why the wrong ones didn't work out.

Hang in there.

I understand what you are going through, having been through it myself.

My condolences and prayers are with you!

+1 on Peartree. Pain is awful when we're going through it, but it produces a result that when we back on it, we often say, "I wouldn't have had it any other way."

I wouldn't consider this public. It is more closely aligned with a group of peers joined together by a common bond. It is common for people to feel close connections with a group that allows them to share a particularly troublesome event in their life. Normal.

Latest posts

Back