Black Aero case momentary switch

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jkovac

Reaction score
Can anyone who has purchased one of the Black Aero Eggfinder LCD rx cases tell me where on the board the momentary switch that comes with the case connects to? I emailed the fellow who makes them but I think he's on vacation.

replaces button switch you likely soldered on eggfinder that is used for selecting/programing. this really make the eggfinder work as it sets everything!

Didn't get your email... I'll check my Spam folder.

The newer LCD boards (less than a year old) have an extra set of pads above the switch for an external button. If you have an older board, you can either remove the existing switch or simply solder them to the pads on the existing switch. The pads are plenty big enough for that.

Can anyone who has purchased one of the Black Aero Eggfinder LCD rx cases tell me where on the board the momentary switch that comes with the case connects to? I emailed the fellow who makes them but I think he's on vacation.

Didn't get your email... I'll check my Spam folder.

The newer LCD boards (less than a year old) have an extra set of pads above the switch for an external button. If you have an older board, you can either remove the existing switch or simply solder them to the pads on the existing switch. The pads are plenty big enough for that.

Thanks to both of you for the replies. Cris, I was referring to an email I sent to Black Aero, the case printer, not to you. (He has now replied, BTW.)

So Cris, I have a newer board, bought my TRS setup about a month ago. The LCD board has a button switch soldered to the "Button" pads. There is also a set of pads directly above it named "Switch," which is part of what I was confused about. Is it correct that if I just leave the button switch in place and solder the momentary switch leads to the "Switch" pads, that will work?

Yup. Get a good switch, though... those cheap $1 Radio Shack switches will drive you crazy because they bounce like hell. Even with a 200 ms debounce delay, they still sometimes cause problems.

Thanks to both of you for the replies. Cris, I was referring to an email I sent to Black Aero, the case printer, not to you. (He has now replied, BTW.)

So Cris, I have a newer board, bought my TRS setup about a month ago. The LCD board has a button switch soldered to the "Button" pads. There is also a set of pads directly above it named "Switch," which is part of what I was confused about. Is it correct that if I just leave the button switch in place and solder the momentary switch leads to the "Switch" pads, that will work?

i am with criss on this- i actually bought for a few dollars an American 🇺🇸 made quality switch and used it instead. What was provided may have been ok but 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸 a few $ on a quality switch i can trust id irrelevant.

Back