What happened to the "2016 - Year of the Bike" thread?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

georgegassaway

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
It was there late Tuesday night. I had asked for help on a mechanical issue (bike seat post rotating too easily when it should have locked securely), and got a number of good answers.

I logged in Wednesday night and the thread was gone. As though something crazy happened between late Tuesday and Wednesday night.

I suspect what happened but I hope I'm wrong, and that it will be brought back.

That is a pretty important social thread for those who are actually into riding bikes.

- George Gassaway

Last edited:
I agree. I thought that perhaps you yourself pulled it in anger over a little friendly ribbing. Threads are often pulled around here, apparently as a preemptive maneuver lest the discussion become too heated.

I for one would like to know whether or not your local parks department did their job and corrected the situation. That bike trail represents an "attractive nuisance" and draws people of a wide experience to it. It should be maintained in a safe manner and the individual citizen should not have to act as you did. Your tax dollars should be sufficient. You can bet your bottom dollar that if a child of a City Council member had been involved, the trail would be fixed and heads would roll.

Your thread also illustrates that even a relatively "safe" activity like cycling is not without risk to its participants.

Mods, what's the story?

What happened?

WHY?

And Why NOT bring it back?

Not knowing of any specific reason that might make any sense, the only reason(s) I can think of, it would be absolute ridiculousness to have pulled that thread.

Last edited:
You know cycling and doping go hand-in-hand. Can't have any such unsavory association with rocketry.

Yeah, that's it--NOT.

You know, if I posted a banned curse word, the mods would be all over that in minutes.

But this, they're ignoring.

What the blank?

Bring back the 2016 Year of the Bike thread!

This thread was locked because George and TMacklin could not resist bickering like two school children. Then they started up this separate thread acting all innocent. They've both been given a one week timeout to settle down. Hopefully, when they come back, they'll choose to continue in a civilized fashion and provide rocketry related content.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back