Yup...another BAR

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zauskycop

Reaction score
Hi everyone...I've been on the forum for about 3 months now and trying to absorb all the knowledge that seems to just spill out of every one of you. Was big into rocketing waaaay back in high school, and took a "few" years off. But I have been sucked back in by a few friends at work who are building with their kids and interested me into getting back in.....so here I am!

The funny thing is, I have 3 rockets built now (Solar Warrior, V2, Bullpup) and working on 1 (Vagabond) and about 10 kits staring at me....and I have yet to launch one! I'm finding that now that I am older, Im building with a lot more care and they seem to be coming out pretty nice. Sure, some lessons learned, but no major errors yet (at least on the ground!) and I keep wondering about how much I will care to actually LAUNCH them haha...but I will.

So a big list of LPRs for me to build, and I recently picked up an Estes Argent and Ascender on sale...so may delve into MPR also.

So basically this is just an intro for me...expect to see more comments, questions, ideas, questions and maybe some questions shortly. Thanks again for all of your advice, either between this forum or the blog by Chris Michielssen. Invaluable stuff!

Tracy Ramsey

Welcome to the boards. You got questions? We'll try to answer 'em! You got pictures of your birds? That's what we really want. :wink:

welcome, tracy. great site here with lots of knowledge.
i would say be cautious about becoming addicted but i see im too late.:)

welcome, tracy. great site here with lots of knowledge.
i would say be cautious about becoming addicted but i see im too late.:)

My wife has already said once "How many of those are you planning on building?" Currently working on answers for tough questions like that ;-)

Tracy Ramsey

My wife has already said once "How many of those are you planning on building?" Currently working on answers for tough questions like that ;-)

Tracy Ramsey

Hi Tracy,

The honest answer is N+(X*3Y), where N is the number of rockets you currently have/are building and X is the number of rockets that have already caught your eye, and Y is the number of rockets that you think have the potential to catch your eye. For me N is ~254, X is 35(ish), and Y is a really large number. Problem is, my rockets are in the US, and I'm not.

Again... Welcome!

Welcome !

I too am a brand new BAR around here. After a multiple decade hiatus, I have returned. And my head hurts from all of the this info.

I am about to start building my first MPR/LVL 1. I am taking my time.

My recommendation is to get out and fly some cheapie LPRs. I couldn't believe how much fun I had sending up some B's.

Andyou just had to mention the PS II kits on sale.

Hi Tracy,

The honest answer is N+(X*3Y), where N is the number of rockets you currently have/are building and X is the number of rockets that have already caught your eye, and Y is the number of rockets that you think have the potential to catch your eye. For me N is ~254, X is 35(ish), and Y is a really large number. Problem is, my rockets are in the US, and I'm not.

Again... Welcome!

K'Tesh, I know that you have forgotten more about rocketry than I know. Still, I couldn't help but notice an error in your equation. It fails to take in to account the variable D, for disposable income. In rocketry you must ALWAYS use D =/< 0(Nil).

Please correct this immediately before someone's life is ruined............yet again.

Last edited:
K'Tesh, I know that you have forgotten more about rocketry than I know. Still, I couldn't help but notice an error in your equation. It fails to take in to account the variable D, for disposable income. In rocketry you must ALWAYS use D =/< 0(Nil).

Please correct this immediately before someone's life is ruined............yet again.

Oh... I did manage to forget about "D". Good Catch!

Welcome to the asylum

And there is no such thing as an "addictive problem", just a problem with insufficient funds or space

Back