Fusion Rocket - Anyone hear of this one?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's Scott Binder. Original owner & designer of BSD, & Binder Design. Now owner [actually always] of Binder Sign.
He's been talking of a comeback for about a year. It's a long story [ soap operas are made off] that someone else we know may come along and expose.

My money's on yes... It's for real.

That's Scott Binder. Original owner & designer of BSD, & Binder Design. Now owner [actually always] of Binder Sign.
He's been talking of a comeback for about a year. It's a long story [ soap operas are made off] that someone else we know may come along and expose.

I have seen Scott at one of our local launchs about a year or so ago, we didn't talk about his business interests other than the monster Horizon (its the one from Facebook with the flame wrap) he had built and was planning to fly. If he's got a new design and is looking to sell them, then I just might buy one.

https://www.fusionrocket.biz

It looks like they are taking preorders. I am always leary it might be vapor ware. Anybody know about it.

It is a WIX site.

Domain Name: FUSIONROCKET.BIZ
Domain ID: D69291503-BIZ
Sponsoring Registrar: TUCOWS DOMAINS INC.
Sponsoring Registrar IANA ID: 69
Registrar URL (registration services): whois.opensrs.org
Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited
Domain Status: clientUpdateProhibited
Variant: FUSIONROCKET.BIZ
Registrant ID: TUTJATOQRX8FEL2K
Registrant Name: Contact Privacy Inc. Customer 0142620326
Registrant Organization: Contact Privacy Inc. Customer 0142620326
Registrant Address1: 96 Mowat Ave
Registrant City: Toronto
Registrant State/Province: ON
Registrant Postal Code: M6K 3M1
Registrant Country: Canada
Registrant Country Code: CA
Registrant Phone Number: +1.4165385457
Registrant Email: [email protected]
Administrative Contact ID: TUTJATOQRX8FEL2K
Administrative Contact Name: Contact Privacy Inc. Customer 0142620326
Administrative Contact Organization: Contact Privacy Inc. Customer 0142620326
Administrative Contact Address1: 96 Mowat Ave
Administrative Contact City: Toronto
Administrative Contact State/Province: ON
Administrative Contact Postal Code: M6K 3M1
Administrative Contact Country: Canada
Administrative Contact Country Code: CA
Administrative Contact Phone Number: +1.4165385457
Administrative Contact Email: [email protected]
Billing Contact ID: TUTJATOQRX8FEL2K
Billing Contact Name: Contact Privacy Inc. Customer 0142620326
Billing Contact Organization: Contact Privacy Inc. Customer 0142620326
Billing Contact Address1: 96 Mowat Ave
Billing Contact City: Toronto
Billing Contact State/Province: ON
Billing Contact Postal Code: M6K 3M1
Billing Contact Country: Canada
Billing Contact Country Code: CA
Billing Contact Phone Number: +1.4165385457
Billing Contact Email: [email protected]
Technical Contact ID: TUTJATOQRX8FEL2K
Technical Contact Name: Contact Privacy Inc. Customer 0142620326
Technical Contact Organization: Contact Privacy Inc. Customer 0142620326
Technical Contact Address1: 96 Mowat Ave
Technical Contact City: Toronto
Technical Contact State/Province: ON
Technical Contact Postal Code: M6K 3M1
Technical Contact Country: Canada
Technical Contact Country Code: CA
Technical Contact Phone Number: +1.4165385457
Technical Contact Email: [email protected]
Name Server: NS6.WIXDNS.NET
Name Server: NS7.WIXDNS.NET
Created by Registrar: TUCOWS DOMAINS INC.
Last Updated by Registrar: TUCOWS DOMAINS INC.
Domain Registration Date: Sat Mar 19 00:25:48 GMT 2016
Domain Expiration Date: Sat Mar 18 23:59:59 GMT 2017
Domain Last Updated Date: Mon May 02 06:08:21 GMT 2016
DNSSEC: false

I'll be at Fire in the Sky launching my big 12" x 12' rocket on an N2000 - and I'll bring a Fusion to launch too..... I also plan on attending the June Tri-Cities launch.

Black Rock 2015 017.jpg

Last edited:
I'll be at Fire in the Sky launching my big 12" x 12' rocket on an N2000 - and I'll bring a Fusion to launch too..... I also plan on attending the June Tri-Cities launch.

Excellent, I will be at FITS for my L3 cert flight and June Swoosh, so I will get to see the rocket in person at both events.

I really like that rocket. Is it head deployment?

It's dual deploy - body breaks at reflective white line on the airframe (just below the "Fusion" on the photo above) to deploy drogue - Main is in upper section under nosecone. Integral electronics bay in between - and it comes with or without an altimeter! Also comes complete with nomex heat shields and shock cord protectors included in the kit. 1/2" tubular nylon shock cords. Top Flight Recovery main and drogue parachutes....

Body is fully wrapped with self-adhesive vinyl decal - only need to paint the nosecone and fins.

The Fusion reminds me of a Cherokee-D as much as an Excel, Panavia, Argent. Sorry guys but the fins are a pretty standard style, nothing special there. The graphics are what set all those designs apart, there are lots of rockets that have distinctive fins that if I saw them on a new manufacturers rocket I would call them out on. But the fins used on the Fusion iirc have been available as far back as an Estes Fin Template that used to be in the Designers Special or catalogs or the like.

Is this one a possible release in the near future?

View attachment 290885

Probably not.... although I have instruction books, templates, decals, etc. for it... :) That one's my personal L3 Horizon - which I wrapped the body with vinyl, similar to the Fusion......

Just offering the one new design - Fusion. That's the plan.

Is this one going to make a comeback, too?
Thor-Sixth-Scale-Action-Figure.jpg

No comment, Except: "As the World Turns".

Glad to see someone comment on this thread, while I don't know Scott all that well, he occasionally flies with our club. Last June at our 3 day event he came and flew the Fusion at our field. The rocket is nice looking and flies well. As for the drama that goes on around here, well its a small community and some people don't like each other they need to grow up and keep their opinions on each other private. That being said Scott's rockets are first rate quality.

I bought one very recently, and while I won't be building it immediately, I can honestly say it was the best packaged rocket I have ever bought! *Every* piece was wrapped in paper to protect it inside the box. Very nice...the instructions are also very detailed.

Back