Cinco De Mayo

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had cheese enchiladas. After the week I had, I made a pitcher full of pineapple Daiquiris .

It sure is one heck of a day for Texas Mex restaurants. ...

Teddy

sinko-de-mayo.jpg

Homemade chicken burritos in the Dude household tonight.

BTW, mi madre es Mexicana.

An observation: Yet another foreign country's holiday that we in the US have imported mostly for purposes of imbibing alcohol! Not judging or anything - just noting an interesting trend! ;)

I'm surprised there has been no mention of the BIG rocketry event of May 5.
The anniversary (55th) of America's first manned space flight.
Alan Shepard became the first American in space in 1961 (and later the first golfer on the moon).
Now I'll drink to that.

An observation: Yet another foreign country's holiday that we in the US have imported mostly for purposes of imbibing alcohol! Not judging or anything - just noting an interesting trend! ;)

Not really. Cinco De Mayo isn't that big of a deal in a lot of Mexico. As I recall, it was originally celebrated mostly by immigrants that had come to the western US territories and California. And, in the USA, we have good cause to celebrate it - the defeat the French saw at the hands of the Mexican army on the 5th of May, 1862 distracted Napolean III from aiding the Confederacy. Had then been able to do so, the US Civil War may have had a bit of a different outcome.

What holiday do you get when you put Lenin, Mark, Ingles, Stalin and Kruschev together?

Cinco de Pinko

Back