Amazon UFO Detector---- only $88

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BABAR

Builds Rockets for NASA
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:
What makes these guys think that alien spaceships use ferrous metals? I'm thinking boron fiber matrix...

For five, or maybe seven bucks, and only if it was proven to detect magnetic field anomalies, maybe.
I would not see the alerts as proof of a UFO, but rather just a heads up that for some NATURAL reason, a slight disturbance in the local magnetic field was occurring. That might be neat to see for less than $10, but I guess there is "One born every minute" as they say.

Some of the reviews, and the Q&A is laugh out loud funny. a few snippets:

Question: In which dimensions does this detector operate?
Answer: The Eighth, of course.
By Amazon Customer on May 30, 2013

Question: Will this also detect Anal probe's?
Answer: Sadly no.
*sits on inflatable rubber ring*
By Mr on November 13, 2014
See more answers (2)

Question: Will the signal interfere with my ghost detector?
Answer: Only if the ghost is having sex with the alien in the UFO at the time of the encounter.
By K. A. Brunsting on February 9, 2016

5.0 out of 5 starsAccurate and Faithful
By R. J. Reid on December 29, 2010

This little gizmo is a bargain at twice the price and much more accurate than the voices in my head.
4 Comments 981 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?

1.0 out of 5 starsOne Star is Too Much for This Product
By Cyphis on September 7, 2012

I don't know if this is a scam or if mine was broken, but it doesn't work and I am still getting abducted by UFO's on a regular basis.

The top review is written by George Takei, Sulu on the original Star Trek

5.0 out of 5 starsThey're here.
By George Takei on May 29, 2013
I purchased this gizmo to play a prank on my husband Brad, who still prattles on about his "fourth-kind" encounter when he was just thirteen. (The 4th kind involves a probe, if you're wondering. I keep saying it was likely his redneck neighbor dressed as ET, but that possibility is too dreadful for him to truly accept.)

On the anniversary of Brad's alleged abduction, I placed the device by our bedside, then set-up an electromagnetic wave generator under the bed, with a timer to go off right at midnight. (If you're wondering where to get one, I recommend the Skymall Catalog. I also picked up some Motivational posters and fake garden rock speakers to save on shipping. You're welcome.)

But back to my prank. It was all set to go, and I was as giddy as a six year old waiting for Santa. But like a typical six year old, I fell asleep before the damn thing went off. I awoke to the flashing of multiple LEDs from the UFO-02 Detector, and bolted up, eager to see Brad's petrified face. Aha!

But Brad wasn't there.

In fact, I wasn't even in our bedroom any more. Instead, I stood face-to-face with Leonardo da Vinci. Or perhaps it was Professor Dumbledore, I'm not really certain. In either event, It was a manifestation that the being I shall call the "Intelligence" had determined my brain would most easily accept for deliverance of The Message.

You see, the Intelligence had come to convey to us humans that the Imperative was nigh, that what we loosely dub the Singularity was only the beginning of a limitless existence unbounded by physical space and time, and that sugar-free alternatives are actually WORSE for us than the real deal. He made sure that last point was clear by making me repeat it twice.

When I came to, Brad was sound asleep in his tin foil hat, the UFO-02 detector was gone, and, sure enough, all of my Splenda had been replaced with little, brown raw sugar packets. When I tried to tell Brad about Leonardo/Dumbledore and The Message, he rolled over away from me, grumbling that I shouldn't eat so much ice cream or any dairy product before bed.

Last edited:
Back