Someone build this for (any reason other than) the summer contest

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neil_w

OpenRocketeer
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
After some instigation in another thread, I concocted a new design that amuses me but I do not plan to build.

I present to you the Space Needle:
attachment.php

Needs some tweaking but could be made to fly.

needle.png

View attachment needle.ork

Last edited:
I like it! But I don't have the time to build it. This looks like it has Scotty Dog, LW Bercini or Dick Stafford written all over it!

For what it's worth, OR is reporting just about 1 caliber stability with a C motor, with 1 oz weight in the needle. There are some things still not included yet (recovery materials, centering rings, etc.) but overall it's not far from being stable. The rear end is extremely light, which helps.

Looks Pretty Sharp!

I'm sure that I'll be needling this someday soon.

I'm not sure I get the point of trying to inject humor into this thread. This sort of thing really gets under my skin.

(hope I don't need to add the implied :wink:, but there I did it anyway)

Look, I was just taking a cheap shot at you... You know, stick it to you... I wasn't trying to be a p***k.

Look, I was just taking a cheap shot at you... You know, stick it to you... I wasn't trying to be a p***k.
C'mon, maybe stick to the saline-t point here? Look how just one pun drug the whole thread down.

Entering this in the Summer build contest is a great idea; I'm sure it will give the whole contest a shot in the arm.

HMMMMMMMMMMMMM, I hate rules!!!!

However, with all the attention this design is getting, I have to mention and STICK to the point of the contest.

MY OWN Design......sorry dudes.

Still hopping someone does try building this WICKED cool design.

Last edited:
It's a bad idea to share needles anyway. :wink:

Cool design though.

HMMMMMMMMMMMMM, I hate rules!!!!

However, with all the attention this design is getting, I have to mention and STICK to the point of the contest.

MY OWN Design......sorry dudes.

Still hopping someone does try building this WICKED cool design.

I'm sure someone will give it a shot.

Maybe this thread should be stuck.

Well, I think that if someone will actually take a jab at it, I'll stick around. Of course I'm glad that Neil is Ok with us nursing this along

[EDIT] I hope nobody's upset that I doctored this post.

Last edited:
After some instigation in another thread, I concocted a new design that amuses me but I do not plan to build.

I present to you the Space Needle:
attachment.php

Needs some tweaking but could be made to fly.

For whoever picks it up, take a close look at the Semroc ( Centuri ) Defender before you get started.

Back