Can a BRB900 be interfered with by altimeters??

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ColumbiaNX01

Red blooded white American male
Reaction score
With 2 Perfect Flight Altimeters interfere with a BRB900 GPS? I normally put the GPS in the nose cone and the altimeters are in the ebay. But for my next build I only have room for the GPS in the ebay right next to the altimeters.

Talking just from my own experience, I have flown the BRB900 in the same bay as Adept22, RRC2, RRC3, Stratologger (and CF) and Ravens. Never seen a problem on the GPS. Never had any of them have a problem with any of the others.

Iv'e flown mine next to a few. no issues with the GPS. had a weird flight with an Adept22....but the RRC2 in the same bay was fine.

Iv'e flown mine next to a few. no issues with the GPS. had a weird flight with an Adept22....but the RRC2 in the same bay was fine.

Adept 22 can have problems with Rf. It's not the GPS one should worry about, it's whether or not the Rf will interfere with the functioning of the deployment device. If uncertain, ask around and lacking that, put the device in question
next to the Rf GPS tracker in the ebay load everything up, put contained bare ematches on the channels being used and turn everything on for 30 to 60 minutes. If the altimeter doesn't randomly pop the ematches, shutdown, or recycle
you'll probably be in good shape to fly. I know of a dual Adept 22 project going in ballistic with a 2 watt Garmin dog tracker causing them both to shutdown/lockup. Kurt

Yea, i lucked out. it simply reported a max altitude of 4800 when the flight went to 1800'. still popped the charges. I've kept it out of tracked rockets since.

Back