Estes Argent just in

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ozwald

Reaction score
Just picked up an Argent during the half price special. I just Love the reduced airframe design. What are your favorite motors to fly it on?

Im sure you will get a lot of opinions but I really like the way mine flies on a G40 -7W .
I have ten or more flights on mine and love it, shame it doesnt seem to be as popular as the Leviathon, great rocket imho.

Thanks for your input guys. I'm surprised it's not a more popular kit also. Perhaps that's why they are offering it for half price. Hard to pass up. That G40W is a kick a## motor but the G64W is my go to and hard to beat for the price. 11 and change from Hobbylinc

My favorite motor is the AT H115 Dark matter:
2014-04-27ArgentonH115DM.jpg

The transition has a RRC2+ in it for dual deploy, here is a link to the build thread:
https://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?60600-Wayco-s-DD-Argent

I fly this rocket at almost every launch, makes a great wind dummy.

Thanks for your thoughts Markg and Wayco. That's a great lift off photo. Gotta Love that Dark Matter. I got a K456 that I'm dying to light off. (Not in the Argent of course)

What kind of altitude are you seeing on the H115 ??

Checked my log book for this, seven flights on that motor, all went between 2200 to 2400 ft. I ran out of them early this year, so several flights this year included the H54 long burn and a G106 Skidmark.
All the modifications to this rocket added 9 oz. The package says it should be 16.5 oz. and mine ended up 25.5 oz.
I have been flying this rocket for two years, the only damage to it was from a clumsy attempt to load it on a 6 ft. 1/4" rod, which tore off the bottom launch lug. Since it is a paper rocket, I also bought an extra one in the half price sale, along with several other PS2 kits.

Checked my log book for this, seven flights on that motor, all went between 2200 to 2400 ft. I ran out of them early this year, so several flights this year included the H54 long burn and a G106 Skidmark.
All the modifications to this rocket added 9 oz. The package says it should be 16.5 oz. and mine ended up 25.5 oz.
I have been flying this rocket for two years, the only damage to it was from a clumsy attempt to load it on a 6 ft. 1/4" rod, which tore off the bottom launch lug. Since it is a paper rocket, I also bought an extra one in the half price sale, along with several other PS2 kits.

After seeing your liftoff photo I immediately went and got 2 of the H 115's, 1 of the H135's and one of the I 205's just for good measure. I was considering trying to DD the Argent so I really appreciate you sharing your build thread and thoughts on the matter. I can also use them in my DD "stretched" Initiator. OzView attachment 290174 Thanks again for sharing

Cool, I picked up a Argent for $25 at a local hobby store. I built it thinking it could be my L1 bird. I used epoxy and wood glue to stick it all together a little finish work, finish weight 24oz. Test flew it on G40W-7, nice straight flight to 1397' off my home made 86" all aluminum rail pad. Then flew it on a AT H115 DM, drilled the delay to 10sec and it went 2,864' 406mph and recovered for my L1 cert this fall. I used a JL3 and chute release at 300' for both flights with a 36" nylon chute from my DX3 kit.

~John

Back