F104 Paint Scheme

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm liking this one and it would be easy to paint, too:

F-104_-_006.jpg

I'm personally partial to the tiger striped Canadian version. Or NASA's paint scheme.

Hard not to like those Tiger Meet colors. I've done two plastic model conversions: one micromax in Italian Air Force Ferrari red, don't remember what kit that was; and one of the old Testor's 1/48 scale done early 60's unmanned target drone style with an 18mm motor tube for motivation.

little F104.jpg big F104.jpg

For the silver paint job, you should try Al-Cad over gloss black base. The Al-Cad will have to be clear-coated after drying. Check with you LHS that carries Al-Cad. It has to be air-brushed on.

How about a real challenge? :wink:

f104-rsv01.jpg

TF-104g1.png

Lockheed%20F-104%20Starfighter%20-%20RF-104G.jpg

lockheed-f-104g-starfighter-2167-16793.jpg

I really like that last one! :grin:

I like them all but that last one has me too. You L-2'd with an X-15? My absolute favorite. Still available through H-11? Don't mean to hijack the thread but might you have a build thread?

I like them all but that last one has me too. You L-2'd with an X-15? My absolute favorite. Still available through H-11? Don't mean to hijack the thread but might you have a build thread?

That last one is my favorite too! :)

I did a build thread on the X-15...search for "Hangar" and the thread I started. There's a few recent ones on possible new X-15 offerings, so search and enjoy!

Back