Rocketry Warehouse Under New Management

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

madcow

Madcow Rocketry
TRF Sponsor
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Rocketry Warehouse is under new management. We still have the same great products but now with Madcow Rocketry service. The web-store will be down for a little bit while we get inventory transferred to the Madcow Rocketry warehouse - but we'll be up and filling new orders very soon. If you need something right away, we may already have it - call us or email us and we will see if we can put it together.

Best news ever. Going to blend the kit lines, or run two websites? (please say blend....the Madcow site is quite superior)

I'm going to go do my happy dance now.

Great news. I hope they continue the hump day specials.

I'm more concerned about the great shipping charges that RW had.

I think for us as buyers, we're going to see prices and shipping go up.... or at least less cutthroat sales. This is good news, considering the stability we'll see now. Don't forget Madcow had everyone out the door first from BF last year.

Shipping for me will go from super cheap nearly down the road, to all the way across the country.... oh well.

I'm sure a few kits won't make the cut.... Be interesting to see what's chopped....and if we see some madcow kits in colored tubing options now.
Where madcow was pretty light on 3" FG kits....they now will have several options.

So who wants to bring up the Tomach/Mongoose elephant in the room ;)

Last edited:
I got this in an e-mail:

NEWS!!

Rocketry Warehouse is under new management. We still have the same great products but now with Madcow Rocketry service. The web-store will be down for a little bit while we get inventory transferred to the Madcow Rocketry warehouse - but we'll be up and filling new orders very soon. If you need something right away, we may already have it - call us or email us and we will see if we can put it together.

This is not a joke.

Let me address the first couple questions :)

To blend or not to blend - that is the question. I am very open to going either way at this point. We were thinking it might be easier to keep the current site and bring up a new RW site using the same eCommerce software we use for Madcow.

Hump day sale - yes of course we will continue this! Just give us a chance to catch our breath while we do this transition - FYI the transition is effective May 1, 2016.

Shipping prices - we have actually considered moving Madcow to the RW shipping pricing before we started this transition. For now we'll leave them the same and see how it goes.

Right now we are hoping to have everything up and running by mid May, maybe sooner.

Mike

"So who wants to bring up the Tomach/Mongoose elephant in the room"

The Tomgoose?

two sites would make it easier to keep the line separate....if you do that, It would be cool if they dropped into the same shopping cart for obvious reasons. Personally, I'd like to see kits on one site (madcow), parts on another (RW) both dumping into the same cart. But either way you do it.... I'll be shopping at both I'm sure.

Wow, consolidation. I'm hoping this is good for the hobby. I'm thinking it will be.

I may regret asking this question... Tomgoose elephant?

Just that they're very similar rockets, as are the FG tomach/ go devil line. There are subtle differences, and could probably co-exist, but they're really really close in a fairly thin market. (I went with the FG Tomach ;), but do have a go devil 38 and a Mongoose 75 on the bench)

Just that they're very similar rockets, as are the FG tomach/ go devil line. There are subtle differences, and could probably co-exist, but they're really really close in a fairly thin market. (I went with the FG Tomach ;), but do have a go devil 38 and a Mongoose 75 on the bench)

Ah ok thanks for the clarification. At this point we are not planning on cutting any kits, but as we get farther into this, we may have 1 or 2 that get combined. That would probably only be if one sells a lot and the other one doesn't :)

Congrats Mike. Almost one-stop shopping now, as both Madcow and RW have great products. And now with the excellent Madcow service on both!

Mike,

I posted a rather blunt comment on FB about this and please take this advice about the two businesses. Keep whatever you're doing at Madcow and flush whatever was being done at RW. Do not use anything they were using as a business model. I love MC and have lots of your products. All built and flown. I have a some RW kits and still don't have all the parts and what I do have doesn't fit. Please bring them up to what you have built MC to be.

Mike,

I posted a rather blunt comment on FB about this and please take this advice about the two businesses. Keep whatever you're doing at Madcow and flush whatever was being done at RW. Do not use anything they were using as a business model. I love MC and have lots of your products. All built and flown. I have a some RW kits and still don't have all the parts and what I do have doesn't fit. Please bring them up to what you have built MC to be.

Yes, loud and clear. That is our intention. Thanks for the feedback!

Mike

Congrats Mike! My favorite kit company getting some new toys!

Very nice. I had to get a nosecone from another supplier (WM) to repair ballistic damage to a Formula 54.
I like the replacement as it's a bit lighter and actually was a bit more economical for the glass NC and coupler.

Kurt

Hump day sale - yes of course we will continue this! Just give us a chance to catch our breath while we do this transition - FYI the transition is effective May 1, 2016.

Rocketry Warehouse became my vendor of choice last year. I love(d) their kits. I hope the quality and bargains continue!

BTW, do you deliver (no shipping) to ROC or local pickup?

Is the tubing/cone supplier still Curtis/proline?

What will happen with my pending Black Friday order?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back