Rocketry Warehouse Under New Management

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We benefit from the great new products that come from from the entire group of excellent vendors that we currently have like MadCow, Wildman, Mac Performance, Polecat, Giant Leap, Loc, ect ect.

Completely agree - healthy competition has done and will continue to do great things for the hobby in my opinion. Rocketry Warehouse, has a great product line that was struggling with fulfillment. I think preserving the RW line and making it consistently available is important - that has come through loud and clear from you all. I am very excited about this new add to our business - I have to admit the color tubes are very fun :)

That being said, merging a line that is roughly half the size of our existing line is a challenge and we are proceeding carefully as to not disrupt the existing business. We are planning to reintroduce everything from the old RW site, but will be releasing in phases over the next few weeks as we sort out and make sure we can deliver consistently. We may end up doing a few tweaks to make things more consistent, but the intent is to not change very much if anything.

YES YES YES!!! I'll take one! can we call it the Maching-Goose??

I really like this one - I think we need to make this happen after the dust settles :)

Quick note: during this transition - if you don't get a response right away, please don't assume we are ignoring you, we are a little inundated with emails and voice mails right now. If you don't hear back in 24 hrs, please feel free to contact again in case your email or call got missed - or more likely fat finger deleted the wrong email or voice mail on the phone by accident :)

Thank you all again for the well wishes and the great feedback!

Is Proline Rocketry and Rocketry Warehouse linked? I noticed the SkyAngle Cert 3 medium parachute is listed under both websites, and Rocketry Warehouse has a description of this parachute as "These chutes are made for ProLine by Skyangle."

These two sites are the only place I can find the SkyAngle Cert 3 medium parachute. I was looking for this one as it fits that niche where a Classic II 60" is to small and the CERT3 Large is too big.

The Rocketry Warehouse is out of stock of these parachutes, and from some research here on the forum, Proline may or may not actually be in business. I sent an email to their support this morning and never got a reply back so I didn't want to put in an order with a "defunct" website.

I think this is GREAT news! Thank you Madcow! :clap:

It's funny though...my first rocketry BF sales experience yielded these two on both ends of the spectrum:

My BEST 2015 BF Sale Experience: Madcow - Quick, limited to inventory on hand only=accurate inventory/in-stock, fast shipping and it was the first complete BF order received. :clap:
My WORST 2015 BF Sale Experience: Rocketry Warehose - No response for weeks/month(s), repeated calls, Paypal stop payment, more calls, parts all shipped en masse (hour+ to inventory, sort through and figure...is this a 54mm mmt or 54mm body tube?), missing parts (ex. 4 nose cones missing!), switched parts, ugh. :facepalm:

So again, I think it's really great news and can't thank Madcow enough and I'm happy to hear that the RW rockets will still be available. :)

Is Proline Rocketry and Rocketry Warehouse linked? I noticed the SkyAngle Cert 3 medium parachute is listed under both websites, and Rocketry Warehouse has a description of this parachute as "These chutes are made for ProLine by Skyangle."

These two sites are the only place I can find the SkyAngle Cert 3 medium parachute. I was looking for this one as it fits that niche where a Classic II 60" is to small and the CERT3 Large is too big.

The Rocketry Warehouse is out of stock of these parachutes, and from some research here on the forum, Proline may or may not actually be in business. I sent an email to their support this morning and never got a reply back so I didn't want to put in an order with a "defunct" website.

All are the same owner, best to call Mad Cow or someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by neond7 View Post

All are the same owner, best to call Mad Cow or someone else.

It is my understanding that LOC Precison owns the rights and makes Sky Angles. Just call them and get one. That is where I get all my recovery stuff.

It is my understanding that LOC Precison owns the rights and makes Sky Angles. Just call them and get one. That is where I get all my recovery stuff.

Nope - they had a falling out a few years ago and now make their own parachutes called "LOC Angles". They don't make the cert 3 medium.

Nope - they had a falling out a few years ago and now make their own parachutes called "LOC Angles". They don't make the cert 3 medium.

still regardless they could make you a custom system. I have had them make me a custom system. Call them up and tell them u want a "Rocket Recovery System" They are pricey but come with a pilot chute and cute protector bag. The chuts are just as good or better then the original sky angle

Skyangle chutes are made by B2rocketry.
https://www.b2rocketry.com/

Skyangle chutes are made by B2rocketry.
https://www.b2rocketry.com/

Yes, but the SkyAngle Cert 3 medium is only available on the Proline and Rocketry Warehouse websites. It was a special sized chute the other sites don't carry. Hece the disclaimer on the Proline website "The Cert 3 Medium size chute was designed in conjunction with ProLine & Skyangle".

The Cert 3 large size is a big of a snug fit in a 5.5" airframe, which is why the medium would be a more appropriate fit.

Yes, but the SkyAngle Cert 3 medium is only available on the Proline and Rocketry Warehouse websites. It was a special sized chute the other sites don't carry. Hece the disclaimer on the Proline website "The Cert 3 Medium size chute was designed in conjunction with ProLine & Skyangle".

The Cert 3 large size is a big of a snug fit in a 5.5" airframe, which is why the medium would be a more appropriate fit.

Easy answer. goto Fruitychutes or Rocketman ;) proline hasn't existed in some time.

Easy answer. goto Fruitychutes or Rocketman ;) proline hasn't existed in some time.

Proline I believe had the StarChute and I bless my lucky stars I picked up and 62" and 84" versions. Unfortunately the seamstress/person who was making them passed away. Nice looking parachutes. Kurt

Sorry, I did not mean to imply that SkyAngle was affiliated with Curtis Turner Enterprises, i knew b2 was the owner of the SkyAngle stuff.

I don't think LOCs chutes are the same as Pam makes for B2. LOCs have a spill hole. Both are fine chutes.

yeah, that is awesome! And they already have a bunch of RW kits up on their site!

Yeah I got the same email
The title and main logo said it was from Madcow Rocketry but the email of origin was "[email protected]"

I understand they have an new agreement venture together, but if you want to start out with a clean slate, should have come from Madcow, just sayin'

I don't think the hobby benefits from sole sourcing. We benefit from the great new products that come from from the entire group of excellent vendors that we currently have like MadCow, Wildman, Mac Performance, Polecat, Giant Leap, Loc, ect ect. Sure, you'd save some shipping if you only deal with one vendor for all your needs, but distributing the wealth keeps all these guy's businesses healthy and provides us with wider variety of options.

+1. Just as there are good and bad vendors, there are good and bad customers as well. But dealing with the occasional bad customer doesn't entitle them to treat myself or someone else unjustly.

No one mentioned sole sourcing. It does not matter if you buy from one dealer or from 6 dealers, the DEALERS benefit so they can stay in business.
I bet if you work more with your dealer at your launch, over time with discounts and no shipping or hazmat fees, you can do well over time. If not, shop elsewhere.

Manufacturers need to stay out of the direct sale business unless they have overstock, then sell at retail. There are plenty of dealers out there that you can shop around and get great deals. But when a manufacturer sells at 10% below the best price Wildman can give you, who does that hurt? WILDMAN. He's trying to make a living and every FG kit "he who will not be named" sold took food off Wildman's table. Why do you think he is developing his own line of FG products. He got tired of the BS.
I am glad to see Madcow taking the lead, I hope good things for him, no I hope great things for him.

Sorry if I mis-interpreted you post, but when you say folks have no LOYALTY when they purchase a kit from Wildman, a chute from Ken and a motor from someone else, I would think your implying that they should have made all three purchases with only one vendor, hence sole sourcing.

I fully agree with supporting your on site vendor if you're lucky enough to have one.
Our onsite vendor can usually only make it to 2 or 3 of launches per year, and I do support him as much as possible. He does provide discounts and you are correct, no shipping & no hazmat, but more often than not he doesn't have what I'm looking for, even after pre-ordering before the launch.

No question that we're all very happy that MadCow has taken over, and doubt that they will do a great job with managing their new aquisition .

Post correct

NO doubt that they will do a great job, MadCow is top shelf.

Sorry if I mis-interpreted you post, but when you say folks have no LOYALTY when they purchase a kit from Wildman, a chute from Ken and a motor from someone else, I would think your implying that they should have made all three purchases with only one vendor, hence sole sourcing.

I fully agree with supporting your on site vendor if you're lucky enough to have one.
Our onsite vendor can usually only make it to 2 or 3 of launches per year, and I do support him as much as possible. He does provide discounts and you are correct, no shipping & no hazmat, but more often than not he doesn't have what I'm looking for, even after pre-ordering before the launch.

No question that we're all very happy that MadCow has taken over, and doubt that they will do a great job with managing their new aquisition .

Certainly if the your dealer does not have what you want, you have to look elswhere.

I have to laugh a bit here.... Saying someone is undercutting Tim.... Mr Black Friday and motor undercutter extraordinaire... And RW and Widman seemed to be giving the same discounts on similarly sized kits. Way too deep I'd say. But both parties seem to be doing a bit better than "just putting food on the table" Everyone's life is their own and they're entitled to it.... but if you cry poor... it's fair game.

But thats all a tangent. This is a much better setup than a manufacturer feeding product to multiple places.

You'd be surprised after the travel, trailer, fuel, shipping, hazmat, taxes, cc fees, etc. there are some that "rob Peter to pay Paul" for that next shipment of motors on the way. It's not a lucrative business as one thinks it is. Too many dealers undercutting each other sometimes close to cost just to make the sale. A lot of dealers lost customers because RW could not deliver the goods, guilt by association. No, it's not funny at all.

I think the extended discussion here is an interesting insight into how different views can have a very real impact on a market for goods and services. It's like peeking into the reality of capitalism... If only human beings acted as rationally as econ textbooks says they do, eh?
Madcow scooping up the business end of RW is a classic example of capitalism at work... When one business can no longer sustain itself, it dies. In this case, the product that RW sells is still in demand, and madcow had the foresight to pounce on the opportunity to expand its customer base. Overall, the result should be a large net positive for the niche market we exist in.
I am fascinated by behavioral economics. It's kind of a side hobby of mine. Rocketry is really an interesting market to study along with the quirks we all have about what we select to purchase and why we make those decisions. Sometimes, we're extremely rational. Other times, we're not rational at all... I know I've made purchases just because I "feel" that one product is better than another. Not rational. But the longer I'm in the hobby, it seems the more irrational I become in my purchases... Do I really need to get my L3? No... But...

I think the extended discussion here is an interesting insight into how different views can have a very real impact on a market for goods and services. It's like peeking into the reality of capitalism... If only human beings acted as rationally as econ textbooks says they do, eh?
Madcow scooping up the business end of RW is a classic example of capitalism at work... When one business can no longer sustain itself, it dies. In this case, the product that RW sells is still in demand, and madcow had the foresight to pounce on the opportunity to expand its customer base. Overall, the result should be a large net positive for the niche market we exist in.
I am fascinated by behavioral economics. It's kind of a side hobby of mine. Rocketry is really an interesting market to study along with the quirks we all have about what we select to purchase and why we make those decisions. Sometimes, we're extremely rational. Other times, we're not rational at all... I know I've made purchases just because I "feel" that one product is better than another. Not rational. But the longer I'm in the hobby, it seems the more irrational I become in my purchases... Do I really need to get my L3? No... But...

Doesn't Cthulhu demand that you get L3? He doesn't take undercertified minions, from what I hear.

I knew we we paying too much for your stuff...

I think he should have a make up BF sale and sell fin cans for $42. ;).

My comments of course, not aimed at all. Just the very large vendors doing obviously well and all the fanboys screaming "but razor thin margins". As they post photos of drag racers etc...

The way I take it is if you are in business, you make business decisions you can live with. If that model does not work for you financially then you need to look at your business model. It is not the consumer's problem if you dive into a saturated market and can't make money. I try to spread my money around as I consider most of the vendors my flying buddies as well. However, I will look for a good deal like the next guy. I do believe you should try and use your on site vendor as much as possible - if having them there is important to you.

I said it last November that the suicide pricing BF sales were a bad idea and I think the RW demise proves that point. Though key players in RW have proven over more than a decade that they cannot provide dependable customer service. I, for one, would never buy on spec from a mom-n-pop shop unless they had a demonstrable track record of following up and delivering in a timely manner.

I thought that Rocketry Warehouse was being operated by Curtis because Floyd was ill. Curtis stepped in and filled a lot of orders. Whatever folks may say about Curtis' previous dealings as "Performance Rocketry" this was a good thing. Suddenly some orders from the BF sale were being filled. Prior to Curtis stepping in, it was stalled.

I'm happy to see where this is going with MadCow taking over.

Did MadCow buy from Curtis, or from Floyd? Just curious.

Also, I hope Floyd is getting well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back