for all of you Black Brant fans

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobby_hamill

Reaction score
I found this photo in my collection of a Black Brant Two 3 fin unit that show the air gap where the 2 rear launch lugs attach.
When I determine the length of the yellow line I can use Solidworks and determine the air-gap distance in red
with it being 3 am its bed time for me and I will work on it more Saturday afternoon

fin gap measure.jpg

I found this photo in my collection of a Black Brant Two 3 fin unit that show the air gap where the 2 rear launch lugs attach.
When I determine the length of the yellow line I can use Solidworks and determine the air-gap distance in red
with it being 3 am its bed time for me and I will work on it more Saturday afternoon

you may already have this, but the December 1971 issue of Model Rocketry magazine has some dimensions for the BBII...a pdf is on Ninfinger's site https://www.ninfinger.org/rockets/ModelRocketry/Model_Rocketry_v04n03_12-71.pdf

David

Thanks for the link and yes I already had a copy but now I have a much clearer copy .

The air gap I have determined is approximately 2.196 inches determined by using sketch tools and sketch picture function in Solidworks

Nice. I always appreciate additional pictures of the rocket that's names after me.

Or maybe it was the other way around....or just a coincidence.

Still a great flying rocket in any size.

-brant

Latest posts

Back