One of the best CATO shots I have ever seen.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow...that is a good one, too bad about the rocket! I got a series from my own failed launch- "buddy" of mine talked me into flying an H399 for my L1 cert motor, and said his 38/29mm LOC adapter would work. I was dumb and believed him, and got the following sequence:
Level 1 Attempt 1b.jpgLevel 1 Attempt 1c.jpgLevel 1 Attempt 1d.jpg

Love the fact that the motor and case did a fly-by (AWAY from the flight line, thankfully!). Case turned up about 6 months later thanks to a fellow club member. I've since learned not to trust that guy OR cardboard adapters for high thrust flights!

Cool pic, but I'm so sad about the rocket-I loved that great paint job! Somewhere here on TRF is a pic of it in it's pristine glory days.

Wow...that is a good one, too bad about the rocket! I got a series from my own failed launch- "buddy" of mine talked me into flying an H399 for my L1 cert motor, and said his 38/29mm LOC adapter would work. I was dumb and believed him, and got the following sequence:
View attachment 289275View attachment 289276View attachment 289277

Love the fact that the motor and case did a fly-by (AWAY from the flight line, thankfully!). Case turned up about 6 months later thanks to a fellow club member. I've since learned not to trust that guy OR cardboard adapters for high thrust flights!

I had a LOC MMA fail a couple of monthes ago in a Funk Saucer night flite.. AT 210-R 29/240 ..

The fiber ring on the end of the MMA tube failed..it 'sheared' in half ...one part still taped to the saucer ...one part still attached to the MMA with motor taped in.

I would have had to epoxied fillets on to the ring full height to avoid this in the future or clone up some crap plywood cheapies...

Kenny

Here is the best CATO photograph in my gallery. The rocket is mine, the "Generic Four Inch" flying on it's 69th EX motor (never been flown on a commercially manufactured motor). The photograph was taken by the fastest finger in the Southeast, Jim Livingston, one of the best rocket photography people alive today. The date was October 28, 2017.
This weekend I take the rebuilt GFI to Camden, South Carolina for it's first flight since the rebuild.DSC_9012.JPG

this was almost an awesome shot-

9121252809_6cc8196a49_z.jpg

This photo is also courtesy of Jim Livingston. The forward closure failed. Fortunately the rocket was built with a forward bulk plate in the booster causing the motor to exit with only a damaged motor retainer. He sure is "quick on the shutter".:)
DSC_8509.JPG DSC_8510.JPG

Here is the best CATO photograph in my gallery. The rocket is mine, the "Generic Four Inch" flying on it's 69th EX motor (never been flown on a commercially manufactured motor). The photograph was taken by the fastest finger in the Southeast, Jim Livingston, one of the best rocket photography people alive today. The date was October 28, 2017.
This weekend I take the rebuilt GFI to Camden, South Carolina for it's first flight since the rebuild.View attachment 356924
Great to here you're coming to this weekends launch.

Back