MARSA54L and MARSA54LHD Recommended Firmware update

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jderimig

TRF Sponsor
Reaction score
It has been observed on several flights with shortish burn motors to lowish altitudes that acceleration based apogee detect can occur early by about 1.5 to 2.5 seconds.

There will be a firmware update to correct this issue shortly. The firmware update can be done by the owner using MarsaConnect or if you are uncomfortable with this I will do the update for you.

In the meantime I recommend using Baro only or Kalman options for apogee detect. If you rocket design is not favorable to Baro detect methods then a workaround is to use Accel or Baro OR Accel and add 1.5s delay to the event.

Stayed tuned to this thread or the MarsaSystems website on when this firmware will be ready.

All Marsa54L and Marsa54LHD shipped after today will have the new firmware installed.

Warmest Regards,
John

Responded in your other thread. Marsa54L in baro mode looks for about a 20ft drop for apogee detect to make sure the event is after peak altitude.

thanks for the reply. It does seem to be hitting after a 20 foot drop.

The first updates will be available next week. In the meantime DO NOT attempt to update your Marsa54L using MarsaConnect yet.

The updates will be staggered.

The first release next week will be for those Marsa54L's with MarsaNet support (Build 18) and all Marsa54LHD.
The next release will be for older Marsa54L's (Build 12 and earlier) which will also bring those units up to date with MarsaNet support.

Instructions for the update will be posted on the website but the update willl be easy peasy.

Older Marsa54's are not affected and will not be updated.

Reminder: This is not a "critical" update but one which will make the unit a bit more accurate for acceleration apogee detection with short burn motors. If you normally use Baro Only or Kalman apogee detection this update will have no effect on your flights.

Warm Regards,
John

I am almost ready to go live. I will complete testing tonight and if all goes well the update will be available through MarsaConnect. I will announce tomorrow if everything is a go.

--john

Need a little more time. Trying for a universal update to include older versions of Marsa54L to bring those up to MarsaNet status.

Stay tuned.

Marsa54L Firmware Now Ready for Upgrade

Firmware Build 20 now ready for download. This firmware upgrade will also bring older Marsa54L Builds 12 and earlier to MarsaNet capability.

Install via MarsaConnect software.

Build 12 and earlier units MUST run a simulation flight on the altimeter prior to installing the upgrade

Customers can also send the unit back to me for installing the new firmware.

Upgrade information and instructions are on the home page of the MarsaSystems.com website.

Back