Mini Midwest Power 2016

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK,,
Done deal,,
I'm coming out to Illinois...
It's gonna be a long run,, but I think half of you guy's do that regularly,, especially Gus,, lol..
I can't wait,, this is really going to be a fun weekend....

Teddy

Yeah, it'll be awesome to see youse guys, too. I'm freakin excited. Ya know?

ARE YOU SERIOUS!!!

YOU-GOTTA-BE-KIDDIN-ME-RIGHT- NOW

TEDDYS COMIN'

YEEEEEEEESSSSSS!

ORDER UP THE GOOSE!!

Hahahahhahahaha,,,
No need to order up the Goose,, I bet it's still there.....
Man, I can't wait,, you guy r too much fun.....
Even though you watch Wayyyy too much TV......lol...

Teddy

Ends up I have launches on Sat and Sun so I will have to bow out of this one. And I was going to see if Tim was up for arm wrestling.:lol:

So my L3 just moved to Sunday... LoL!!! No problem, that actually makes things far easier for me. Let's hope weather cooperates. And I'm bringing a couple boxes of Zingers.......

Two Level 3 attempts at Mini Midwest Power? Eric, i would be honored to be your primary, secondary or even just let me hang around for your flight TAP!
If you need to find me in the crowd Sunday just get on the PA and, calmly say-

MAHNA MAHNA?

I don't know what it is...when i hear those two words i just go into my early 1970's Sesame Street mode.

MAHNA MAHNA?!

Doot....do...dooooo.....:p

OK,,
Done deal,,
I'm coming out to Illinois...
It's gonna be a long run,, but I think half of you guy's do that regularly,, especially Gus,, lol..
I can't wait,, this is really going to be a fun weekend....

Teddy

YES! I think this deserves a round of cheers for our friend and, all around good Chap Teddy!
HIP HIP HOOOOORRRRRR.......*FRRRRRRAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPPppppppp......*

Sorry about that...That wasn't the warm and, friendly welcome i wanted too convey...

-You can say that again, definitely WARM and, NOT so FRIENDLY! :facepalm:

Who's that?

-Us little "emotional guys" you use ALL the time...down here LOW on the keyboard...:eek:

Well, i think the chair made a funny noise when i moved in it to adjust my *typing angle*.

-BULL! You ripped sheets dude...:eek:

I didn't mean too do that!

-Who ELSE after a long night at work, stops by a McDonalds and, orders FOUR Sausage, Egg, Extra Onion Breakfast Burrito's and, dumps hot sauce on them :confused:

Not me...

-SOMEBODY LIGHT A MATCH....PLEASE! :eek:

Well....i was just going to announce that instead of flying my "Green Snot" motor that i might want to step up to a BIG Skidmark!

-I'll give you THREE guesses where you can find a *BIG SKIDMARK* and, your motor box is NOT one of them! :eek:

That's NOT Funny!

-Dude, you just passed gas in front of someone from New Jersey, in some areas of the "Old World" that's considered a slap in the face! :no:

I didn't mean it that way...

-Toss US ;);););) that box of Twinkies and, we promise to shut up! Man you REALLY NEED to see a Doctor about that though...:wink:

Ok....ok....deal.

Well, i think i'll be forgiven in the end but, the only way the weekend could get better would be too hear that Dr. Reese is hoping on a plane and, flying in to play with all of us! I always love it when he shows up wearing those *Skinny Boy Jeans* he sometimes wears! :lol:

He really hates it when i rip into him and, yell "Yo Doc! Your Trunket BE SLAMMING in that Junket!* :point: Mmmmmm.....Mmmmmm...MMMMMM!

Got too get some sleep-:caffeine:

Two Level 3 attempts at Mini Midwest Power? Eric, i would be honored to be your primary, secondary or even just let me hang around for your flight TAP!
If you need to find me in the crowd Sunday just get on the PA and, calmly say-

MAHNA MAHNA?

I don't know what it is...when i hear those two words i just go into my early 1970's Sesame Street mode.

MAHNA MAHNA?!

Doot....do...dooooo.....:p

YES! I think this deserves a round of cheers for our friend and, all around good Chap Teddy!
HIP HIP HOOOOORRRRRR.......*FRRRRRRAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPPppppppp......*

Sorry about that...That wasn't the warm and, friendly welcome i wanted too convey...

-You can say that again, definitely WARM and, NOT so FRIENDLY! :facepalm:

Who's that?

-Us little "emotional guys" you use ALL the time...down here LOW on the keyboard...:eek:

Well, i think the chair made a funny noise when i moved in it to adjust my *typing angle*.

-BULL! You ripped sheets dude...:eek:

I didn't mean too do that!

-Who ELSE after a long night at work, stops by a McDonalds and, orders FOUR Sausage, Egg, Extra Onion Breakfast Burrito's and, dumps hot sauce on them :confused:

Not me...

-SOMEBODY LIGHT A MATCH....PLEASE! :eek:

Well....i was just going to announce that instead of flying my "Green Snot" motor that i might want to step up to a BIG Skidmark!

-I'll give you THREE guesses where you can find a *BIG SKIDMARK* and, your motor box is NOT one of them! :eek:

That's NOT Funny!

-Dude, you just passed gas in front of someone from New Jersey, in some areas of the "Old World" that's considered a slap in the face! :no:

I didn't mean it that way...

-Toss US ;);););) that box of Twinkies and, we promise to shut up! Man you REALLY NEED to see a Doctor about that though...:wink:

Ok....ok....deal.

Well, i think i'll be forgiven in the end but, the only way the weekend could get better would be too hear that Dr. Reese is hoping on a plane and, flying in to play with all of us! I always love it when he shows up wearing those *Skinny Boy Jeans* he sometimes wears! :lol:

He really hates it when i rip into him and, yell "Yo Doc! Your Trunket BE SLAMMING in that Junket!* :point: Mmmmmm.....Mmmmmm...MMMMMM!

Got too get some sleep-:caffeine:

I actually posted something that left you all speechless?

Score ONE for the Gusser. :eek:

Yeah, I uhh, well.... Hmm...
Nope. I got nuthin.

Adrian

YOU! :D Especially YOU... are getting a BIG hug :eek: when I see you-
I miss "Mr. Green Jeans"! *smooch* :p

No tongue!!!
I wish you could get Saturday off too, but I know how that goes. We're terribly slow at work still. If I get offered a Saturday (even THAT Saturday), I'll take it. It's what pays for the hobby.

Adrian

No pics yet for us of what is going to be flown?

I'll bite...

This Rocket (The Sustainer) flying alone with the same motor (AMW M-2200 Skidmark) as in the Booster...(The Booster Thingy.)

An easy 14,200' for sure. ;)

Concentrating more on getting ONE maybe TWO deserving Rocketeers their L-3 Certs that weekend.

View attachment 289796View attachment 289797View attachment 289798
Photos courtesy of Dr. David Reese- " The Trunket SLAMMIN in that Junket dude! ";)

Next-

hahahahahaha,,
I'm sorry Gus,,,
I got nuthin toooo... lol...

Teddy

Depending on weather, I may try to get my DarkoStar up on an L640 in addition to the Gizmo...

1462071544426.jpg

Attachments

• 1462071529382.jpg
    1462071529382.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 0
Hate to do this, but having some issues with notes and recall. Trying to validate my debts/purchases. First the usual suspects...

pnobile, various motors, COD
ECayemberg, L motor + Zinc, COD
CJ, AMW 75-3500 motor, paid (delivery via Wildman)

And finally,
nraymondb, Aeropack minimum dia. extension set, COD

Not that I want to be doling out cash, but have I missed anyone?

Tim-

Yep box o motors all boxed up for ya! COD

Preston

Hate to do this, but having some issues with notes and recall. Trying to validate my debts/purchases. First the usual suspects...

And finally,

Just booked our room at the luxurious Days Inn... Looking forward to their stellar accommodations once again... I think I've earned enough for a free night in the fall now...

Chelsea graduates Saturday and we have lots of family in town for the weekend.
Doesn't look good for me at MMP, I'll miss you all and hope everyone has straight flights and short walks.

Chelsea graduates Saturday and we have lots of family in town for the weekend.
Doesn't look good for me at MMP, I'll miss you all and hope everyone has straight flights and short walks.

Heyyy,,
Dat's nice...lol...
I like that one...

Teddy

Ya know,,
I really hate ta ask,,
but there have been so many pictures...
And somebody else already mentioned it anyways...

How come Erik never wears shoes ???

Teddy

Ya know,,
I really hate ta ask,,
but there have been so many pictures...
And somebody else already mentioned it anyways...

How come Erik never wears shoes ???

Teddy

Cause deep down I'd rather be barefoot. I was born and raised in the suburbs, but really I'm a country boy at heart... But I'm married so I have to compromise... ... So halfway between barefoot and shoes... Bam, socks.

Maybe three. I'm bringing in Ben A. from Ohio... Let's all give him a warm mid-west welcome for making the drive.

Sather

Welcome Ben! If I can be of any assistance please PM me or ask Sather for my phone number...Be there Saturday night and, all day Sunday. Your really going too like Princeton! :D

[video]https://youtu.be/UrsHcoSskEE?t=2h28m40s[/video]

Thank-you Justin! :eek: That's the highest she's flown *yet* 23,700' aboutish-
Being the old USAF Missilier i am, it's done with the "Fire in the Hole Method". No drag separation for me...:no::lol:

Think Titan 2...:rolleyes:

Hey it works!

And finally,

Looks good on this end, Tim!

Question- Will the launch pads be set up on the road that goes up to the buildings? I would guess they will be. When is club setting up the pads?

Thanks
Gary

That's the plan for the set up. I will be there Friday setting up as much as I can ahead of time.

Back