Mini Midwest Power 2016

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GRIFFIN

Reaction score
Come join QCRS for another launch to remember. We will be hosting our annual Mini Midwest Power on May the 14th and 15th. We have a standing 16,000' waiver and miles of cornfield for recovery. We will have port-a-potties at the field. QCRS has recently gone back to Running the lunches with all Tripoli Research rules. If there is any questions about that, refer to Tripoli and the website for details. We have run all our launches with these rules in place and things have run pretty smooth.

Plan on staying for the BBQ party hosted by Tim (The Wildman) at his home. He has been kind enough to host and feed us yet again!!! This year, we want to take some of he workload off of Jackie and Tim. If you are planning to join the party, bring a small "side to pass" like a bag of chips or dip, salad or desert. Tim will have the main course covered and maybe a side. Bring your favorite beer or soda.

We will guarantee a good time and hope the weather cooperates. Please spread the word and we will see you all there.

If you haven't made it out to one of our launches, you are missing out on a good time. Mini Midwest has become one of the best launches in the Midwest and we count on you guys to help make that happen again.

Thank you & see ya soon!!!

I'll be there!!! I know, super exciting, right?!
My L3 attempt will happen, for sure... Might be all I launch.
Super pumped. Can't wait to see everyone

I am so trying to make this work. Hip replacement that next Tuesday so will not be taking Advil for some 10 days before the launch. We'll see if I can walk at all without the painkiller.

Looks like Dixie's gotta go now!

I'll recover a third.

New contest. Whoever retrieves one of Dixons in the shortest time wins. I've begun my training already; though Griffin is so tiny nowadays that he probably hovers over the dirt!

Eric

Guys, very nice, but I'll be happy just to make the drive and watch the festivities. No need to fly, I'll enjoy watching the other flights.

I'll recover one for ya. That's the easy part...
Griffin, is the illustrious Days Inn giving us a group rate?

I'll be there- and hopefully be flying my HPR two stager- if I get it finished in time.

Griffin, is the illustrious Days Inn giving us a group rate?

Just the standard "cheaper than all others" rate.

No special deal made with them as we aren't having a banquet. They should have plenty of rooms at a low price.

Guys, very nice, but I'll be happy just to make the drive and watch the festivities. No need to fly, I'll enjoy watching the other flights.

G:D:DD! Because if anyone...:rolleyes: finds anything...:rolleyes: in the field...:rolleyes: :DR ground...that you lost-

Two years ago.
Three years ago..
Four years ago...

It will save me alot of extra driving, compared to years past! ;)

"HEY GUS! You live in Indiana too! Could you pleaaaaaaase return this to [ Tim Dixon ] on your way back home?"

Suuuuuuuuure! :eek:

Oh boy, i sure be in a heap o trouble now- :lol: It will be good to see you again Dixie! Hope you've been healing well!

Last edited:
I am so trying to make this work. Hip replacement that next Tuesday so will not be taking Advil for some 10 days before the launch. We'll see if I can walk at all without the painkiller.

You let me know if you're coming, and I'll bring a set of wheels for you to drive around.

Adrian (and, no, it won't be a wheel chair... Although I do have one of those, too!)

You let me know if you're coming, and I'll bring a set of wheels for you to drive around.

Adrian (and, no, it won't be a wheel chair... Although I do have one of those, too!)

Does it have a GREEN chassis...:rolleyes:, screaming little engine...:rolleyes:, shifter kart tires...;), butterfly steering wheel out of Top Fuel Funnycar...:rolleyes: and, a BARSTOOL for a seat! :D

Sumbitch damn near killed me about three years ago while doing *Mach 30* down the road in front of Wildman's house...This year i'm bringing my Motocross helmet and, googles. No more bugs in the teeth and, eyes...:p

Does it have a GREEN chassis...:rolleyes:, screaming little engine...:rolleyes:, shifter kart tires...;), butterfly steering wheel out of Top Fuel Funnycar...:rolleyes: and, a BARSTOOL for a seat! :D

Sumbitch damn near killed me about three years ago while doing *Mach 30* down the road in front of Wildman's house...This year i'm bringing my Motocross helmet and, googles. No more bugs in the teeth and, eyes...:p

Well, actually, I was gonna offer a real ride. A Kubota RTV 1140 with two bench seats. Not sure how many cup holders it has... I can run Tim and 2 more people around plus some cargo (Beers! Well, I don't drink, they're for the passengers.... Yeah, that's it...)

Adrian

I've got some hard cider you might like.

Don't do it Steve! :surprised: I'd hate too be the *only* sobber person in attendance Saturday night...

The eight foot bed of my pickup truck can only handle sooooo many people on the "Drunken Hotel Shuttle Ride from Hell".

Dateline Princeton Illinois News 5/15/2016

A STILL unidentified late model Dodge Ram pickup was involved in a high speed chase with several units of the Illinois State Patrol early Sunday morning along Illionis State Hwy. 26 southbound. Witnesses say that as many as 30 people were crammed into the bed of the vehicle as it reached speeds in excess of 100mph while eluding Police. The Illinois State Patrol said that foreign object damage from Beer cans, bottles, vomit, Twinkies, diesel exhaust soot and, illegal fireworks contributed to two units being damaged and, the chase was called off in the vicinity of the Pilot Truckstop at the junction of Interstate 80 and, Route 26. Police are offering a reward for any information leading to the arrest of the individuals involved.

Don't do it Steve! :surprised: I'd hate too be the *only* sobber person in attendance Saturday night...

The eight foot bed of my pickup truck can only handle sooooo many people on the "Drunken Hotel Shuttle Ride from Hell".

Dateline Princeton Illinois News 5/15/2016

A STILL unidentified late model Dodge Ram pickup was involved in a high speed chase with several units of the Illinois State Patrol early Sunday morning along Illionis State Hwy. 26 southbound. Witnesses say that as many as 30 people were crammed into the bed of the vehicle as it reached speeds in excess of 100mph while eluding Police. The Illinois State Patrol said that foreign object damage from Beer cans, bottles, vomit, Twinkies, diesel exhaust soot and, illegal fireworks contributed to two units being damaged and, the chase was called off in the vicinity of the Pilot Truckstop at the junction of Interstate 80 and, Route 26. Police are offering a reward for any information leading to the arrest of the individuals involved.

:dark: :dark: :dark: :horse: :horse: :w: :headbang:

OK, I got the schedule worked out; Saturday, but not Sunday. Driving in Friday night; there all day/night Saturday (but then have to drive home so will be a modest night). Hopefully Saturday is a primo day and they'll be tons of flights!

OK, I got the schedule worked out; Saturday, but not Sunday. Driving in Friday night; there all day/night Saturday (but then have to drive home so will be a modest night). Hopefully Saturday is a primo day and they'll be tons of flights!

Well, skippity doo dah! :D I'll be arriving on Saturday evening going directly to *Casa del Wildman* to join in on the mid launch "Night of Chaos"!;)

Plans are to bring a side dish or two, let the neighbors SOUNDLY know that the Boys are back in town and, in general not lose any fingers (or thumbs) along with breaking any bones...

I have my FIRST L-3 Certification too perform on Sunday :eek: and, i plan to be well rested and, cranked up on all the Fruit Loops Cereal packs i can score at the local Super-8 Motel Breakfast of Champions! *BURP* :yawn:

Other than that, i don't care how the weather looks....even down to the last minute. I can still have a barrel of fun locked up inside my truck eating Twinkies and, telling dirty jokes to anyone who dares to jump into the back of the cab...:jaw:

Y'all been warned...:no:

Well, skippity doo dah! :D I'll be arriving on Saturday evening going directly to *Casa del Wildman* to join in on the mid launch "Night of Chaos"!;)

Plans are to bring a side dish or two, let the neighbors SOUNDLY know that the Boys are back in town and, in general not lose any fingers (or thumbs) along with breaking any bones...

I have my FIRST L-3 Certification too perform on Sunday :eek: and, i plan to be well rested and, cranked up on all the Fruit Loops Cereal packs i can score at the local Super-8 Motel Breakfast of Champions! *BURP* :yawn:

Other than that, i don't care how the weather looks....even down to the last minute. I can still have a barrel of fun locked up inside my truck eating Twinkies and, telling dirty jokes to anyone who dares to jump into the back of the cab...:jaw:

Gus beans are off limits as your side dish.

OK,,
Done deal,,
I'm coming out to Illinois...
It's gonna be a long run,, but I think half of you guy's do that regularly,, especially Gus,, lol..
I can't wait,, this is really going to be a fun weekend....

Teddy

Teddy- will you be selling stuff thru wildman, or just coming as a flier?

Will be nice to see you at mini MWP

Are you freak'n serious right now??

OK,,
Done deal,,
I'm coming out to Illinois...
It's gonna be a long run,, but I think half of you guy's do that regularly,, especially Gus,, lol..
I can't wait,, this is really going to be a fun weekend....

Teddy

So my L3 just moved to Sunday... LoL!!! No problem, that actually makes things far easier for me. Let's hope weather cooperates. And I'm bringing a couple boxes of Zingers.......

Back