Mick Wilkins Memorial Sport Scale Meet (Style Meet)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kbfrazier

Reaction score
Hello,

For those that remember Mick Wilkins, I'm thinking of sponsoring and running a similar style meet.

The events were:

NAR Rules
Peanut
Sport Scale
Giant Scale

HPR1 (H & I powered models)
HPR2 (J & above powered models)

Here are my questions.

- Should this meet be just for the contest or in conjunction with a sport meet?

- I would like to give out prizes for the meet to generate interest. What would think would be GOOD prizes?
Visa Gift Cards, Scale/Sport Scale Kits (such as the Apogee Saturn V and/or Saturn 1B kits), Aeroteck Reload kits with cases (54mm max). I'll have a generous budget so think KINDA BIG (okay, not NASA government spending Big - more like Christmas from wife/kids big)

I would also like to create a craftsmanship event just for this meet. Create a sport scale model of only the data provided by me or event coordinators. This could be anything from a movie prop to a NASA/military concept. This could really show the rocket community who the real craftsmen/craftswomen are.

This contest will most likely be in the Spring 2017 to allow for planning.

I would like for this to be a 1st class contest, that anyone could attend, no matter the skill level.

What are your thoughts? Let me know?

Thanks,

Keith Frazier

Will everyone who enters at least get a participation award?

Sorry for the delayed response.

The Sport Scale Meet will be held in the South East US. Most likely with the help of SoAR (Southern Area Rocketry - Atlanta, Ga) NAR chapter.

Each participant will get a plaque with an image of the team or individual with their entry laser engraved on it. I luckily have access to an Epilog Laser cutter and will have it on site to create the award plaques.

Depending on the number of entries, more than just plaques may be awarded.

Regards,

Keith Frazier
678-975-8167

Back