They want how much for this kit!?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Apparently he doesn't realize that all rocketeers are honorary Scotsmen and Scotswomen. In other words, cheap.

That price is inline with it's real value, it is a genuine piece of rocketry history. I don't think he'll get that price off of craigslist, though, it needs a bigger spectrum of possible buyers like eBay. Then someone can carp about it there and how much it's going for ;)

That price is inline with it's real value, it is a genuine piece of rocketry history. I don't think he'll get that price off of craigslist, though, it needs a bigger spectrum of possible buyers like eBay. Then someone can carp about it there and how much it's going for ;)

It's real value will be determined if/when he sells it. IMHO, I don't see a huge collector market for model rocket "collectables". Sure, some of us might find it worth $$50-$100 because of what is represents for the beginning of our hobby, but definitely not this much.

It's real value will be determined if/when he sells it. IMHO, I don't see a huge collector market for model rocket "collectables". Sure, some of us might find it worth $$50-$100 because of what is represents for the beginning of our hobby, but definitely not this much.

...you'd be surprised...how much do original Saturn 5's go for?...If I was a collector on a large scale I'd for sure be bidding on it on eBay. Thing is I have collected motors, ever see a 13mm A3-6? ;)

I was 6 years old when my father built one of those kits (57 years ago!). I remember it like it was yesterday. It perished in our attic in a 1972 house fire. I've found some information on the internet including pictures similar to the ones in this thread. It's pretty neat to see one again and would be way cool to hold it but for $1000+, no way. Kurt

That Camroc above looks like the box when I got one when I was 12 years old. Was setting up to develop the prints as my father had a commercial photography/blueprint shop. Can't be mine though as it went in on the first flight. Ejection charge failed to push the Camroc out and I remember it coming in and hitting head first. I think I worked my butt off for a replacement but lost my enthusiasm after that. I had replacement film, cartridges and the plastic "field darkroom" which was a black light proof plastic bag with two elastic arm holes so one could change film out in the field.
I think 5 years ago I saw a sealed in bag Camroc kit go for something like $989.00. The ebay ad exclaimed, "Sealed bag probably contains air breathed by Vern Estes!!" Kurt

Buying an historical kit that's already been assembled is like dating Jenna Jameson at the end of her career. A very significant piece of history that's been enjoyed/ruined by someone else. No thanks.

Buying an historical kit that's already been assembled is like dating Jenna Jameson at the end of her career. A very significant piece of history that's been enjoyed/ruined by someone else. No thanks.

++1

Yeah, the fact that the kit has been built has really destroyed the value. Unbuilt, still expensive, but not a crazy high asking price for someone who'd have an interest.

Sorry, folks, I didn't see the already built part and your right, it's not worth $1000. Unbuilt yes, built no. It like the people on Antiques Road Show that refinished a Chippendale wardrobe. They were told it was worth $25,000, they seemed happy until they were told untouched it was worth $350,000......

Latest posts

Back