....A Sad State Of Affairs.....

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saturn652

Reaction score
I bought 3 Estes Pro II kits for 22.50 each at the beginning of January this year
....I built an Estes rocket 41+ years ago and flew it 3 times so I guess that don't qualify for me being a BAR...

I only discovered THIS site in late March...after I started my builds....not a big deal...Turns out I KNOW WHAT I'M DOING!!!

I've been building static models since I was 5 or 6 years old and I'm pretty BAD-ASS!!! I just wanted something to build that ACTUALL DOES SOMETHING....I literally threw about $2000.00 worth of static models on the burn pile about 9 months ago....watched em burn...aint got the space or time for that anymore.

Anyway, I erroneously joined a local rocket club (names withheld due to pending BS) and I'm STILL waiting to receive anything from them (like a verification that I joined or the stickers that were promised or anything or SOMETHING...WTF???) even though I requested that my payment be cancelled so I could join the National level first.....Still showing a debt on my credit card after over three weeks.....again...WTF????? Please refund my money as REQUESTED!!!!

So this is how the rocket community does business???
Not to mention that on my first video posted to THIS SITE the TROLLS came out of the woodwork and made me question: WHY DO I NEED THIS SITE OR CLUB, AND WHY THE HECK SHOULD I PAY MONEY FOR A DA%N CLUB???????

I saw some derogatory comments on some of the rocket pictures that were posted on the website that I'm dealing with that were WAY out of place....is this what I want????? NOT FOR A MOMENT!!!! I have no patience with TROLLS....

Because, guess what? I WILL fly my MP rockets.....Do I need this site? Nopers....
Does this site need me??? Hell Nopers.....

So Good Luck.....I'm NOT IMPRESSED!!!!

LOL....I wish I could do that....that is NOT knowing what I'm Doing.....life would be so much simpler....and maybe shorter....?!?!?!...WTFiretruck????

...trolled already....

I've ragequit this place a couple of time, once when I completely misunderstood something said to me. Second time I went on a rant about a price increase that was completely unexpected. I was contacted by the owner of the company and given a gift certificate that was matched by someone else I never found out who. I was *hugely* embarrassed to say the least and spent $50 or more every month until the owner passed away and they finally sold the business.

I've been trolled, too, but that doesn't happen very often and I learned to use the /ignore function. Got a small list going. It's kinda peaceful without dealing with them ;)

Local club...well you are after all not dealing with a full time person. I'm thinking they have run out of stickers or what have you. The National groups are for sure more professional...now. There was a time Tripoli like drifted in a limbo due to what seemed to be an indifferent secretary. People waited for almost the whole year to get their membership cards only to need to renew so soon afterwards. Things are *much* better now.

I'm just disappointed I missed your video, I try to watch everything posted, good or bad.

Please, stick around, learn the ignore function, keep posting. I'd say grow a thick skin but this isn't youtube...normally. Sometimes I'm surprised at the superior attitude of some that came here total neophytes then cop attitude over something they learned here like it somehow makes them better. Give us more of a chance.

This place grows on you...like mold...or cancer...

Some people can never be happy, and flip out when other people do not meet their expectations.

Chill out man.

Yeppers....I think CANCER!!!! LOL
It is what it is, And I'll probably re-post the vid.....one of these days... NOT NEARLY AS BIG OF A DEAL as the TROLLERS made it out to be...
Thing is, I don't have to be a member here to exploit the resources that are available, however, to share some of my rocket building tips or what ever....just don't feel like sharing......
I certainly don't know a damn thing about a damn thing, but physics NEVER LIE!!! LOL.......Just follow the instructions.....sorta....AND BAN WOOD GLUE FROM YOUR CONSTRUCTION MATERIALS!!!!! LOL I Hate WoodGlue!!!!!

Yeppers....I think CANCER!!!! LOL
It is what it is, And I'll probably re-post the vid.....one of these days... NOT NEARLY AS BIG OF A DEAL as the TROLLERS made it out to be...
Thing is, I don't have to be a member here to exploit the resources that are available, however, to share some of my rocket building tips or what ever....just don't feel like sharing......
I certainly don't know a damn thing about a damn thing, but physics NEVER LIE!!! LOL.......Just follow the instructions.....sorta....AND BAN WOOD GLUE FROM YOUR CONSTRUCTION MATERIALS!!!!! LOL I Hate WoodGlue!!!!!

...and here I sit with my bottle of Elmer's WoodGlue Max... ;)

I've been trolled, too, but that doesn't happen very often and I learned to use the /ignore function. Got a small list going. It's kinda peaceful without dealing with them ;)

After one particularly memorable run in with a troll, I created this thread to help others learn how to ignore donkeyclowns like that person...

How to Ignore some clown on the forums...

Last edited:
The trouble is....he didn't get trolled. He did something fairly dumb, and people were pretty calm about it.

Every comment you don't like isn't a troll.

The OP calls it a sad state of affairs. He's right in a way. This site used to be so much different. People used to post build threads and get all kinds of positive participation. And then it seemed like things change and it got real negative around here. But the negativity wasn't just here, it was all over the internet and it was slowly infecting this site. It's the anonymity factor I think. People can site in their moms basement and can say anything they want and they think there will be no consequences for them. But there ARE! New people come here and get attacked and are offended and leave. I'd say those are consequences our hobby doesn't need BUT unfortunately and sadly, it's a fact life on the internet these days. :2:

I agree with Diz. Saturn652's post with the video of the ignition of an AP motor secured in a vise in the back of a pick-up was met with remarkable restraint IMO. The other issues he mentions in this thread have nothing to do with this forum or the internet in general.

Saturn652, sorry you're having trouble getting re-started in our little fun-time hobby.

Almost forgot. If I had $2000 worth of "bad-ass" static models I no longer had room for I might try donating them to a hobby shop or library before torching them. Sorry, more criticism, just my 2 cents.

Last edited:
He also seems to be lashing out at his new club pretty harshy, and everything in general.

Perhaps the problem is not everyone else?

From my perspective, I'm a new guy and I feel I've been treated very well by the forum. Lots of nice folks, a couple troublemakers, but that's what the ignore function is for.

I believe the only time someone would get a hard time is when they're doing something dangerous to themselves, to others, and to the hobby in general. In that case you might deserve it. Maybe even just a little? Take the hit, dust yourself off and move on.

If you want to see real forum flameage, go to an auto enthusiast forum and tell them you've doubled your boost without supporting mods... :y::bangbang: I've gotten my share of virtual black eyes when I was on those forums.

Negative internet lately? Man, you should have been around mid 90s and on newsgroups. You want to talk about negative....

It's a much nicer and welcoming place nowadays I find. If it isn't, you're just in the wrong place.

I got flamed pretty badly on two different occasions on boardgamegeek.com when I posted in the wrong sub forums. I posted questions on game variants in the general discussion sections for those games instead of in the proper variant subsection. Two different games, so two different sets of people and they were both unnecessarily nasty for a newbie to that forum. I almost never post there as a result.

This place treats most newbies very well.

Last edited:
Ok, I know a guy, 3 digit TRA number, that told me of the time he HAND HELD a I132 supplied to him by someone else. Understand this happened more than 25 YEARS ago and he lived through it...imagine that....:eyeroll:

Ok, I know a guy, 3 digit TRA number, that told me of the time he HAND HELD a I132 supplied to him by someone else. Understand this happened more than 25 YEARS ago and he lived through it...imagine that....:eyeroll:

Those were the good ol' days.

I have said many times, this hobby is not for everyone. Nor are the clubs, and as far as that goes, neither is this forum. Rocketry as a hobby is to be FUN! If you are not having fun, find something that makes you happy. Please. Life is too short, as we see everyday on this forum. Don't bring your **** here. Tim Thomas L3

The trouble is....he didn't get trolled. He did something fairly dumb, and people were pretty calm about it.

Every comment you don't like isn't a troll.

46617357.jpg

Hey, I'm not saying torching off a G80 in the back of your truck is going to kill anyone... But posting a video of doing it isn't exactly how I'd introduce myself to people.

I mean, do you typically walk up to a new group of people in an activity you just got into... go shake their hands and then vigorously take a dump in your pants and ask what they think of that?

Oh no, not the presidential debates! I meant the real debates about important stuff like "engines vs. motors", origin of the word "CATO" and the real cause of painting "orange peel". Important stuff like that. :rant:

Back