TCC Dairy Aire Launch - May 20-22 - Central California Launch

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robbdm

Rocketry Tourist
Reaction score
Rocketeers mark your calendars, Tripoli Central California(TCC) Dairy Aire is next weekend!:surprised:

Launches will be held 5/20-22. Wavier is 16,800. Free onsite camping. Rocketry vendor will be onsite.

See Club website to additional details and location.

Will post other information as released, i.e. event T-Shirt sign up, if food vendor, etc.

Last edited:
One thing to note is it's BYOM, Mike @ BAR is out of K2045's, he didn't get his last expected shipment from CTI due to the fire, and didn't seem to be expecting another one before LDRS. So very unlikely you'll be able to buy a K2045 at the event. Seems like the club procured a few others from elsewhere, but it was first-come-first-served and I think they've all been spoken for.

I just got my L2 cert at TCC's monthly launch this past weekend, and am finished building (but still need to paint the fins) my 4" Madcow Nike Smoke, but I have to pick up family at SJC late that Friday evening, so I'll either be at DA only on Friday or I won't be going at all. So I didn't even bother to try to claim one of the available K2045's. I think a day-trip is still worth it as I make the drive for the monthly events whenever I can, and I would like to fly the Nike Smoke even if it's not a part of the drag race (I'll use a much more tame motor instead :). I've got two other new rockets I'm trying to finish up in time for LDRS (and one more to repair), if any of them happen to be done by DA I'd like to fly them there also. Mike's supply of CTI motors is definitely dwindling though, so not sure what he'll have left by DA or worse yet LDRS. I wanted to do my L2 on a Skidmark, but he didn't have any of the 4 J-impulse skids left last weekend (I actually didn't see any skids in any of his bins), so I wound up going with a J315R instead, redlines being my second favorite after skidmarks. :)

Launch update - edited from Club email blast.

Launch Site

The DelNorte site is where we will be launching from. We'll make sure the Sun is at our backs.

T-Shirts
The T-Shirt design will be posted soon and a sign-up sheet; The theme will be Star Wars - very cool so stay tuned.

Rocketry Vendors

- BAR is our vendor and will be onsite throughout the weekend. Please support
him with your high power rocketry needs. You can also visit his website online.
- FruityChutes will attend.
- Real Flight Systems will attend.

Food Vendors
We may have 2 food vendors for the launch, more details on this next week.
But it will be good. Plan on having all you can eat on Saturday.

Porta Potties
- Pacific AG Rentals will have a double PP on site with Wash basins Friday morning.

Night Launch
Our night launch has been approved, we're good for Saturday from Dusk until 10pm.
If you have something special to fly, let me and Aaron know ahead of time (yes, you
could fly an M motor at night) - make sure there are blinking lights on all separable
parts of the rocket.

Nike Smoke Drag Race
- We will have the event as planned, need more people to sign up on the main page, ~10 fliers have signed up.

"All you can eat" on Saturday? I heard a rumor that Do-Right BBQ will be there. I hope he brings extra ribs, cuz I can put the hurt on a rack of ribs!

James said he got several more K2045's from Wildman. If you want one, best get an e-mail to James D. right away, before they all get snatched up.

Amazing vendor support for the drag race, cleaned out Bay Area Rocketry and then had Wildman pitched in.

All that AP burned in a few second. If I wasn't all aerotech I'd ordered a Nike Smoke and would have built before DA, maybe next year.

Amazing vendor support for the drag race, cleaned out Bay Area Rocketry and then had Wildman pitched in.

All that AP burned in a few second. If I wasn't all aerotech I'd ordered a Nike Smoke and would have built before DA, maybe next year.

It's not too late! There are still 3 loads available.....

The TCC website says "EX" next to Friday. Is it confirmed that research motors are permitted on Friday? Last year research motors were not allowed.

Dairy Aire Friday and October Skies Friday are always registered as TRA Research launches.

For both events, Saturday and Sunday are certified only.

"All you can eat" on Saturday? I heard a rumor that Do-Right BBQ will be there. I hope he brings extra ribs, cuz I can put the hurt on a rack of ribs!

My routine is to hit Harris Ranch Friday dinner (Prime Rib and Bread pudding alamode for desert) and fast food Saturday... have BBQ onsite will be will be great.

I'm toying with the idea of coming down for some Friday launch activity and then spending the Friday night at Harris Ranch. Saturday morning I should be well rested and ready to launch on Saturday as well.

Does that mean Research launches ONLY?

On Friday? No... Friday is a research day. Just like a certified day, only you can fly your Rx motors, too.

TRA says have a sim that shows your Rx flight(s) will remain below 75% of the standing waiver.

4" Nike Smoke Drag Race has 13 fliers so far.... should be better that usually with 13 CTI K2045 igniting at one time. At least it should be loud.

On Friday? No... Friday is a research day. Just like a certified day, only you can fly your Rx motors, too.

TRA says have a sim that shows your Rx flight(s) will remain below 75% of the standing waiver.
Thanks. I have always attended on Saturdays or Sundays and didn't want to show up on Friday for "a gun fight with a knife."

Looking at putting up my Polecat Aerospace Goblin 5.5 on an Aerotech I366R as a test flight before my L2 attempt. Need to add a drogue as the booster section tries to fly fins down a la SpaceX when I go commando deploy.

Friday is usually a pretty good day. It's not too busy, making it easy to get a pad, compared to Saturday. Seems like a more relaxed atmosphere to me. Of course, I like seeing the Rx projects, too. Cuz I'm an Rx kind of guy.

You'll be able to get in a nice test flight. Should have plenty of time to get in the cert, too, if'n ya want. If you're going NAR, I can sign that pup. If TRA, the prefect will be there to sign autographs. And Gene is usually there for Rx Friday, so order your drogue from Fruity Chutes for pick up. Bingo. Certifying in style. :wink:

Last edited:
I have to miss Friday but have several great flights scheduled for the rest of the weekend!

from Club Email blast from Prez James....

Launch Update

Food Vendors

TACO TREN
Saturday we will have Taco Tren come out for Tacos and Burritos.
This is great food - more details and Breakfast menu for Saturday
will be available soon.

T-Shirt - one great looking T-Shirt!

DAIRY AIRE WARS II is here!

DairyAire2016-Shirt_back.jpg

The new T-Shirt design - may the force be with you all!

Special thanks to Rod Lovley for making it happen.

Thanks for making the shirt happen Rod. Looks great!

Here's the front and arm detail photo sent out on the mailing list earlier:

DairyAire2016-Shirt_front.jpg

Last edited:
flight card printed

Curious, one of the LCO announcements at the April TCC launch mentioned that you had printed flight cards. Did you just print the data on TCC card, or are you using your own format? I think that same flight mentioned the expected altitude which there isn't a blank for in TCC's normal card. Either way, would you be willing to show a picture of one?

I'll send it to you later today. At one time TCC had a fillable pdf flight card on their website, don't know if still around. I downloaded and been using for several years.

Last edited:
Back