First CMASS launch coming up!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jflis

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Our first launch of the year (well, not counting the Winter Follies) is coming up next Saturday the 23rd.

Hoping for good weather and great crowds!

I have several new kit protos I will be testing and showcasing. Hope to see lots of folks joining us in Amesbury, MA next week :)

Hi Jim,.. I hope you had a great winter! We have been going through our builds and in trying to prepare for this up coming launch I find myself most excited about our Fliskit clusters! Our Iron Man Richtor Recker is itching to fly if the wind is mellow,.. and we have our Deuce's Wild prepped with Quest c6-5's ready to go. I am hoping to ask you to sign this one, our favorite rocket, before we go to NYPOWER this year. I will bring the sharpie.

I propose that we have a Deuces Wild drag race,.. lets say around noon,.. if the club is in agreement.

It will be nice to head back out to amesbury for a day. Fly some little things for a change, if I can build anything that small in time that is...

I'd be in on that drag race if I had a deuces wild, maybe I'll pick one up on Saturday for next time.

I'd be in on that drag race if I had a deuces wild, maybe I'll pick one up on Saturday for next time.

I just happen to have something you can through up in the air. I'll prep it this week and will want to hear all about your flights at Red Glare.

I just happen to have something you can through up in the air. I'll prep it this week and will want to hear all about your flights at Red Glare.

Ah yes. Red Glare was a wonderful time. I'll be going to the next one no doubt.

And I think I'm going to bring a spool along. Just picked one up from work today and thought a 38mm motor would look good in it. And I'm considering something a little more special, but that all depends on if I can finish repairing it in time...

Jason will be covering the launch this Saturday for AMW/ProX. If you have a specific need for motors or other supplies, please contact Gloria before Thursday night so she can get what's available ready for Jason.

Robert and Gloria will be heading to Potter, NY, early Friday morning so she needs to know what you want ASAP. With shipments from CTI suspended for now, you may not be able to get the exact motor you're looking for. Match your rocket selection to the motors available and the conditions on the field and do your best until shipments start up again.

Keep an eye out here and on the club website regarding any changes to the scheduled launch. We'll see if the weather will help us with the fire conditions without blowing in the wrong direction.

I can not wait, I've been itching to fly something for a while. I also can't wait to try out my new Jolly Logic Chute Release.
I'm in on the Deuce Drag, it'll be the maiden flight for my Deuces Wild.
Saturday can't come soon enough.

Wind will be in attendance for this up coming launch. We will be leaving some of our big and slow birds home.

We've gotten the okay from the Amesbury Fire Department to fly on Saturday.
According to this website, the wind should be blowing in a favorable direction but we may have some lingering rain early on. The page also give wind predictions throughout the day so please tailor your rockets and motors accordingly.

Set up will start at 9:30 or so and we'll fly when the weather allows until 4 PM.
See you all there.

Hmm lets see here,.. I saw many clusters and disc flights,.. Bob K received his L2 on a wood glue Warlock on a J in single deploy,.... the Wind Gods caressed his rocket to the ground gently after admiring it for a time,... A very amazing flight indeed. We flew about 20 birds ourselves and recovered them all. All our clusters were a hoot. Thanks to everyone at CMASS for making this launch possible!

It ended up being a great day despite the late start to wait out the sprinkles in the morning. Light wind from varying directions but only one rocket off the field; the rocket was a class project from a couple of Wellesley College women. They're not so interested in getting the rocket back but would love to get the SD card from the Raspberry Pi. We'll keep an eye on the very visible chute and payload section to see if the weather brings them down from their 80-foot perch.

Thanks to all who helped with the set up, break down and running of the event. If you have some good pictures or videos, please post them on the club website.

Back