NASA USLI Huntsville this week...who's going?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DAllen

Reaction score
I plan on being there representing Notre Dame Rocket Team...Any other mentors/team members from TRF going to this?

I've done this once before and had a ball.

-Dave

I plan on being there representing Notre Dame Rocket Team...Any other mentors/team members from TRF going to this?

I've done this once before and had a ball.

-Dave

You have no idea how much id like to be there with you all...:sigh: It's been four years since i last went with Purdue and, the memories are still there and, very vivid. One of the BEST times of my life hands down.

To my friends Dave with Notre Dame, Mark with U of Illinois Champaign, Judy with Northwestern and, Darryl Hankes with U of Kentucky Louisville-
The best of luck and, hoping for clear blue skies! :eek:

Also- Let it be known i have asked around for the last three years IF ANY College needed an advisor and, the phone hasn't rang. So if ANY College next year would like...I have resume in hand.

Pretty sad when one of the nations best Aerospace Colleges (Purdue) can't even field enough interest to launch a FART into the air.

This year-
Last year-
The year before that...

Lots of people here
9656b13439c12e564e44228465b040b7.jpg

[emoji1010] Steve Shannon [emoji1010]

I'm here with the Ingraham High School team. This morning's talk from Kjell Lindgren was very well done. The students are having a great time!

I know the team from University of South Florida is there. They've been doing their prep work at the Tampa launches, hope it goes well!

What an amazing experience!

Went to Marshall, saw all kinds of goodies including actuators that actually flew on STS missions...metal printers...propulsion labs...etc.

Saw the Rocket Museum...gawked at the rocket garden.

Total I talked to two astronauts, watched a bunch of HPR flights and dined under an actual Saturn 5.

Most of all, I got to see my team succeed on the big stage, in front of hundreds and have a great time doing it.

What an amazing experience!

Went to Marshall, saw all kinds of goodies including actuators that actually flew on STS missions...metal printers...propulsion labs...etc.

Dave? Is that Redhead Female Rocket Scientist STILL there in the Electrical Propulsion Lab? :p
....The one with the- "I'm still looking ring on her right hand."

PM me for my number BEFORE you leave! ;)

Everyone have a safe trip home today! :D

What a great week - a privilege to participate, for sure. I'm finally relaxing with feet up after today's drive home. Every team did great work.

Dave, I was the one at the next tent (Illinois) cleaning a motor case while you were doing the same. Sorry I didn't make a better effort to say hi.

Thanks for your good wishes, Gus. They locked up all of the red-headed engineers at Marshall while we were there, just in case you showed up. :)

Mark

Dave? Is that Redhead Female Rocket Scientist STILL there in the Electrical Propulsion Lab? :p
....The one with the- "I'm still looking ring on her right hand."

PM me for my number BEFORE you leave! ;)

Everyone have a safe trip home today! :D

Dude I didn't see her plus I was REALLY distracted with all the cool toys all around me there. You gotta give me a earlier heads up next time. :)

Dave, I was the one at the next tent (Illinois) cleaning a motor case while you were doing the same. Sorry I didn't make a better effort to say hi.

Oh hey! Hi! It's all good! It's a good question you posed Saturday, "Why do we [mentors] always get stuck doing this?" Haha I don't know, but I do know I made the team clean it once themselves just so they could experience the joys of scrubbing away...

Thanks for your good wishes, Gus. They locked up all of the red-headed engineers at Marshall while we were there, just in case you showed up. :)

Mark

Now that makes sense.

I'm glad that everyone had a good time :D and, good weather too!

and, if anyone could use a *non paid* secondary adviser next year OR any University out there might be interested in a Chaperone...

I have a really neat looking resume made with colored craft paper and, glued on glitter! :eek:

I clean up well-

What great tours! After we came out of the 3D printing lab, one of the students said it was pretty remarkable that we were in a room where the least interesting machine was a PLA 3-D printer (working on a nozzle model) with a 3'x3'x3' work space.

We came back with no damage despite a fouled main chute and a slightly hard landing. The students are all revved up for next year, which is great to see.

PS I made the students clean their own case. But they're high schoolers, so maybe they take direction better?

Back