Black Brant update

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobby_hamill

Reaction score
Up date on my 6 inch diameter 4 fin Black Brant 2 project
I finally got the small section to go between the 2 main airframe sections along with the payload section.
The attached photo shows the airframe and payload section along with nose cone temporary attached

This will be my largest rocketry project yet attempted !

the payload section is a tad longer than the normal Black Brant 2 as it had a parachute assembly section attached for the first attempt at parachute recovery for a Black Brant 2 payload

1B.jpg

might be a while it took me from 2008 just to get this far :)
the only hold up is finding a photo of the outside of the motor this round I am modeling

I have over 55 photos of the actual Black Brant Payload and instruments used on this round as well as original copies of the operational requirement manual and flight results manual. And 7 photos looking down from the rocket as liftoff occurred . BUT I haven't been able to find a photo showing the motor itself and how it was painted . I have been searching since 2004 for information on this 1 certain black Brant 2 round

forgot to mention it has a 98mm motor mount tube but first launch will be a 54mm 2800 case using a L1090 W 2736 NS

Last edited:
the airframe is Hawk Mountain . the nose cone I cant remember .
I made a mold of the nose cone so I could make extras encase the original was discounted.
Plus this is a Black Brant 2 that has 4 fins instead of 3 fins
Also the payload section is longer as a parachute recovery section was added.
The fins will be shaped to scale not just a flat section of G12

Anyone have a pointer to an existing Mad Cow, 5.5" BB OpenRocket or RockSim file?

Tweeks

Back