Thunder Struck, My L3 attempt investment

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dgreger

Reaction score
Assembled.jpg
]Decaled.jpg
Booster.jpg

11 feet tall
6" diameter
98mm Motor Mount
3/16" Fins cut by Nat @ UpScaleCNC
Skyangle Cert3 Drogue at apogee
Skyangle Cert3XL at 1200' for the booster, along with a 54" Spherechute for the nose cone separately
MissileWorks RRC3 Primary
MissileWorks RRC2+ Backup
OneBadHawk 7/16" Tubular Kevlar Harnesses

Cert attempt on a CTI M1560 2 Grain White Thunder this weekend at Red Glare.

Clever idea with the negative space between the fins, I like it. Good luck on your attempt.

Clever idea with the negative space between the fins, I like it. Good luck on your attempt.

Thanks, I really like split fin designs and wanted to do something a little different. I am definitely happy with how it came out.

Well, due to a mix up, and the fact that AMW's pallet of motors is sitting at CTI, I will most likely be flying the 3 grain M2505 White Thunder this weekend to around 8000'. Winds are predicted to be even calmer now around 8mph and sunny on Sunday. This should be a lot of fun!
I weighed it last night, full up and dressed for the party without motor and hardware or Cert3 drogue (which I am picking up this weekend) she weighs in at a comfy 39 pounds even. Within a pound of my rocksim file!

CTI M2505 98mm 3Grain White Thunder to 8621ft.
L3 Cert.

File_000 (1).jpg

Last edited:
Thanks guys I still have to download the data from the RRC3 to get speed, velocity etc.

Congratulations!

NAR doesn't require the recovery system to function as designed for a cert?

3.6 d. The rocket shall fully deploy its recovery system. An anomalous deployment of the recovery system is not cause for flight rejection if the model descended in a
safe manner. It is up to the judgement [sic] of the Flight Witnesses whether the model descended in a safe manner.

Congratulations on the L3 and congratulations on finding that nose cone! Glenn and I went back there and looked for it for a while but the grassy crop growing in that field was really thick and we weren't even sure where it came down.

Back