Happy First Contact Day!!!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ColumbiaNX01

Red blooded white American male
Reaction score
Happy First Contact Day!

Let me explain…..

On April 5th 2063 Zefram Cochran flew his first warp ship. The Vulcan's were on a scientific mission in the outskirts of our solar system. They had no interests in Earth because humanity was to primitive. They detected the Warp signature on their sensors from Zefram Cochran’s warp ship. They made first contact with humanity at a missile complex in Bozeman, Montana. It ushered in a new era for humanity. Humans now realized they were not alone in the universe. By 2113, war, poverty, disease was wiped out on Earth. By this time humanity had outgrown its infancy.

Go boldly where no man has gone before.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, yeah, that's the retconned version from Star Trek: First Contact. There were a lot of conflicts between that and the original series episode "Metamorphosis."

No, the Trek before JJ Got a hold of it. No more Chris Pine Trek.

If only this had been written as occurring on May 4.......

No I am not. 2 different stories. Star Wars is total fantasy. Its all about making money for star wars. Star Trek is more scientifically plausible in our own universe. Not to mention it is about the future of Earth and humanity. All the the technmology is Star Trek yes is fantasy, but it has actual backing from today's science.

Last time I checked a Utopia on Earth like in Star Trek is something today's humanity should strive for.

Last edited by a moderator:
It has probably been mentioned on here before, but if you are a fan of TOS, check out the episodes produced by Star Trek Continues. I think it is better produced than either of the Pine Trek movies. Best of all, *no* lens flares!

https://www.startrekcontinues.com/

IMO,

Star Trek is how, at 19, you think the future should be.

Star Wars is how, at 40, you realize the future will probably end up.

It's all very cool entertaining science fiction. I enjoy them both. I will say this: Within the Star Trek universe, no one beats Picard. Well written character with the perfect actor to play the role.

So, I guess this means we have only 47 years to invent warp drive?

I actually enjoyed the original JJ trek movie. The second one was a pile of crap. Doing Khan and doing it poorly sucked.

I watched all of DS9 recently, and it was the best Trek.

I actually like all of the Captains, but it is hard to vote against Picard.

I actually enjoyed the original JJ trek movie. The second one was a pile of crap. Doing Khan and doing it poorly sucked.

I watched all of DS9 recently, and it was the best Trek.

I actually like all of the Captains, but it is hard to vote against Picard.

TNG is the best, IMO... But I've never watched DS9. It's in my Netflix queue, though. OK, Mark, you're on. DS9 will be the next series I watch, right after I get done watching all the original Twilight Zone episodes. Only a few left to go.

TNG and DS9 are my favorites. I'm a little disappointed that DS9 and Voyager haven't done films, but I don't know what kind of plot they'd have since both have come to a "resolution". I'd love to also see a Enterprise Mini-Series to tie up the loose ends that the final season left us with. While I do enjoy the new JJ Abram's movies, I can't see them as Canon yet, as there are so many differences from the other timelines. I HATE what Nemesis, and JJ have done to the Romulans, Remans, and Klingons.

Star trek is my favorite movie of all time. Without the latter. I prefer Voyager, Original series and The Next Generation.

TNG is the best, IMO... But I've never watched DS9. It's in my Netflix queue, though. OK, Mark, you're on. DS9 will be the next series I watch, right after I get done watching all the original Twilight Zone episodes. Only a few left to go.

I thought TNG was the best too, until I watched DS9 recently. With a seven year actual plot arc, way more character development- I think you will dig it.

Aww cmon. The latest Star Trek reboot is absolutely amazing! I love it. The actors are just spot on!

It is not an actor problem, in my humble opinion.

I am almost 48. I watched the prime universe for all of my life. Heck, the first real memory I have is of sitting on my Dad's lap watching original series when I was 2 years old- I described the room to my Dad, and we moved out of that house when I was 2.5 so it is legit.

The prime universe was extremely well developed- rich and diverse. I want to know what happened to the prime universe characters- what became of them in the time after Voyager returned to the Alpha quadrant.

I will admit that some of the above might also complicate entry of new viewers, as there is canon/history. Conversely, that is why I enjoy it.

Last edited:
Doctor Who has a long history and it has time travel, in the show history I think there may be one or two shows that don't stay with established 'history', so it can be done.
Rex
edit
Star gate: SG1 also established a show history and stuck to it also.

Last edited:
I agree with most of the folks here saying return to Prime universe.

The horrible breaking of canon in the new movies drives me nuts. Building Enterprise on the ground? Operating it UNDERWATER? Communicators with interstellar range? ughghhg

The film has always been away from science, but human relationships are very well described especially in TNG.

Happy First Contact Day!

Let me explain…..

On April 5th 2063 Zefram Cochran flew his first warp ship. The Vulcan's were on a scientific mission in the outskirts of our solar system. They had no interests in Earth because humanity was to primitive. They detected the Warp signature on their sensors from Zefram Cochran’s warp ship. They made first contact with humanity at a missile complex in Bozeman, Montana. It ushered in a new era for humanity. Humans now realized they were not alone in the universe. By 2113, war, poverty, disease was wiped out on Earth. By this time humanity had outgrown its infancy.

Go boldly where no man has gone before.

Wiped out war? Then why are their ships armed as heavily as they are?

Back