Happy First Contact Day!!!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Happy First Contact Day!

Let me explain…..

On April 5th 2063 Zefram Cochran flew his first warp ship. The Vulcan's were on a scientific mission in the outskirts of our solar system. They had no interests in Earth because humanity was to primitive. They detected the Warp signature on their sensors from Zefram Cochran’s warp ship. They made first contact with humanity at a missile complex in Bozeman, Montana. It ushered in a new era for humanity. Humans now realized they were not alone in the universe. By 2113, war, poverty, disease was wiped out on Earth. By this time humanity had outgrown its infancy.

Go boldly where no man has gone before.

We don't get much of a choice when it come to encountering new sentient entities but to start out with a peaceful stance.
The governments all recognize this eventually, but I personally am of the opinion that we are quite a way from being ready as a species to accept that there are other beings greater than us. It is our Human Complex.
Humans hate Logic, and require great mental strain to communicate with.
It's what we do.
We introduce "one upmanship" to nearly everything we do, so we can't help but screw up royally when we see things we don't understand, and try to explain them with concepts that are not understandable by anyone's logic other than a Humans. We're just crazy like that. We beleive in ourselves to a fault, to the bitter end.

Last edited:
We don't get much of a choice when it come to encountering new sentient entities but to start out with a peaceful stance.
The governments all recognize this eventually, but I personally am of the opinion that we are quite a way from being ready as a species to accept that there are other beings greater than us. It is our Human Complex.
It's what we do.
We introduce "one upmanship" to nearly everything we do, so we can't help but screw up royally when we see things we don't understand, and try to explain them with concepts that are not understandable by anyone's logic other than a Humans. We're just crazy like that. We beleive in ourselves to a fault, to the bitter end.

I agree completely. Humanity is not ready.

It's what we do.
Which is why First Contact really went like this:
[video=youtube;qXw6hC7hxBA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXw6hC7hxBA[/video]

Wiped out war? Then why are their ships armed as heavily as they are?
They've wiped out war on Earth. Racism is less interesting than speciesism. Black and white have united in common cause against green.

But the idea that Starfleet is not a military organisation is nonsense. Its ships are armed with weapons capable of levelling a city, and it's not military? OK, so armed conflict isn't its only job, it does exploration and rescue as well. So imagine a scenario in which the starship Endeavour sets off on a three year mission, first to observe an astronomical phenomenon, then to explore uncharted territory. Sounds just like Starfleet's job, doesn't it? Actually it's the voyage of HMS Endeavour under Captain Cook. Anyone want to claim that the 18th century Royal Navy wasn't military? :lol:

TOS boldly went where no man had gone before. TNG boldly went where no-one had gone before, which would have been boring if no-one had indeed gone there before as there wouldn't be anyone there to meet. So in fact they boldly went where someone else had gone before, then met that someone else.

[video=youtube;G1WomfhjyVM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1WomfhjyVM[/video]
The true first contact:dark:

I think you guys are missing a key point of Star Trek, at least the original series ...

Chicks dig the Captain:

kirkswomen.jpg

:grin:

With regard to the reboot, I have always thought of the JJ Star Trek as a new timeline. Somewhere in the past something was altered to create a similar, but different history.

So keeping in line with the common theme of alternate timelines that we've seen on many episodes, some of which are my favorite, you can have multiple canons.

Latest posts

Back