NuFinish Question

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've never tried. I'm considering waxing my newer rockets for UV protection. I'd be very interested to know the same in case something happens.

Mineral spirits is listed by Nufinish to remove it from plastic trim. I use Nufinish on all my rockets, and have repainted 1 totally, all I did was sand the old finish and wipe with alcohol, no problems with new paint.

Mineral spirits is listed by Nufinish to remove it from plastic trim. I use Nufinish on all my rockets, and have repainted 1 totally, all I did was sand the old finish and wipe with alcohol, no problems with new paint.

+1 Light sanding whip with alcohol. repaint... No problems at all.

Rockets - Paint.jpg
Is it safe to use over decals? I shudder to think of rubbing over a decal, but protection of the decals would be the whole point (well, a big part, anyway)

I've used it over decals, water slide, vinyl, no problems. Gently wipe some on, when dry gently wipe off. With a more vigorous wiping you can clean up the dirty ones and take off paint transfers. I like the stuff. All the rockets in this picture were polished with Nufinish. The 4" black nose cone (Big Brute) was the one that had a repainting. Looks the same after. It had been dragged across a gravel road for quite a ways, very severe road rash. I hate that when that happens.

Back