APRO Lander Build Thread

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finally got a handle on my video issues and got one processed of this launch. I have a feeling there's a better setting for video quality I just haven't found yet. On a D12-3 and it looks like a longer delay is in order. I'm also thinking an E motor would be a better option as well.

[video=youtube;XoS95liMxlg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoS95liMxlg[/video]

Looks pretty solid from here. Hard to imagine the 3 second delay could be too short on such a low flight with a draggy rocket. Hmm.

Also, did I mis-hear or did you say on the audio that it has a 19" parachute? Who makes a 19" parachute? I actually need to figure out what to put on mine, I suppose an 18" should be about right for it.

Looks pretty solid from here. Hard to imagine the 3 second delay could be too short on such a low flight with a draggy rocket. Hmm.

Also, did I mis-hear or did you say on the audio that it has a 19" parachute? Who makes a 19" parachute? I actually need to figure out what to put on mine, I suppose an 18" should be about right for it.

I was surprised about the delay also. 3 secs sounded well and good considering the drag. My chute templates were designed for cuts using hems. Back when I used to sew my chutes, it would have made an 18" chute. Now I burn and sear the cuts no longer requiring a hem job. I get the extra inch now.

Gary makes his own chutes. He's made a few for me for birthday/Christmas. I have jokingly given them the brand name: "Old-school Dude Chutes"

If I ever decide to go into business making parachutes, that would make a great company name brand...:grin:

Back