Cesaroni Technology Incorporated News and Well-Wishes thread

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jeroen.jpg Met Jeroen a couple of times at MWP. Always teaching and always willing to listen and help no matter what you were flying. This is from Tim's motor build party in 2011 for the Ultimate Wildman Drag Race. My thought and prayers are with Jeroen and his family during what I hope is a speedy recovery!

Is there any new information on Jeroen's progress? While I have never met him personally, I know that he has a lot of class, high standards, and he answered every single question of mine. I once had an issue with a CTI motor and he replaced the motor and hardware with a snap of a finger. It says a lot about his character that I feel this badly about him and I haven't met him personally. Get well soon Jeroen.

I do not believe there is anything new. I am sure a very large portion of that is out of respect for Jeroen and family. While a public figure to us, he is a private individual- it would not be right for CTI to come forth with his medical condition/prognosis without his direct consent.

From OP
CTI will not be posting updates in this forum on Jeroen's health out of respect for him and his family as they endure the recovery process.

A small update.

Hospital visits are still not allow.

If anyone wants to send a card, they can be sent to CTI and they will be passed on by family members.

If the card is for Dr. Jeroen Louwers, put Attn: To Jeroen
If the card is for CTI, put Attn: Cesaroni Technology Inc and Staff

Send cards to:

Cesaroni Technology Inc.
P.O Box 246
2561 Stouffville Rd
Gormley, Ontario
Canada
L0H 1G0

( I do not have any more information, so please don't ask offline )

CTI- thank you for the update. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to help Jeroen- either financially or emotionally. I hope his recovery is full, and that he can return to rocketry in the near future.
Things are a little different here.

Medicals bills are covered by Ontario Health Insurance and as this was a work related accident, Worker's Compensation Board will handle most of the loss of income. Both are government run programs.

As we don't know the extent of the injuries, we do not know the financial drain on those injured.

Things are a little different here.

Medicals bills are covered by Ontario Health Insurance and as this was a work related accident, Worker's Compensation Board will handle most of the loss of income. Both are government run programs.

As we don't know the extent of the injuries, we do not know the financial drain on those injured.

They are more than a little different, but OHIP and WC doesn't cover every nickel. When he gets out of the hospital there will be incidentals, drug store visits for little things that turn into bigger things, etc. I've never met the man, but it's clear he's already paid it forward.

My first interactions with Jeroen were pre CTI. I had an RDAS that a customer returned to me as defective. It turns out that the customer scratched through one of the traces when drilling his vent hole with the altimeter installed in the rocket and he hit the board with his drill. Jeroen told me to send it back to him. He repaired it at no charge! A stand up dude for sure.

My first RDAS was serial #13 many years ago. I was lucky enough to meet Jeroen at LDRS 20. He created what I still believe to be the best electronics for rocketry. Unfortunately the advent of the Euro pushed the price up higher and higher here in the States. Jeroen is one of the greatest assets to our hobby and has had a huge impact on it in many ways. He has pushed the technology forward for us on both the electronics side and motors. Thank you for all you have done. Get well Jeroen and I hope to meet you again some day.

I'm not really sure what else to say, but I just want to let Jeroen and his family as well as the whole CTI "family" know that we are still praying for them. Please let us know if we can do anything else for them. Sending lots of love and more good vibes in the meantime.

He and, his family are still in my thoughts...I picked up a get well card today and, will send it off on Monday morning...I encourage everyone here to do the same. A card costs very little but, sometimes means more than ever can be imagined to a person who receives it-

Send cards to:

Cesaroni Technology Inc.
P.O Box 246
2561 Stouffville Rd
Gormley, Ontario
Canada
L0H 1G0

Small card filled out, heading to the Malfunction Junction rural Post Office Monday morning...
Any word yet about a fund for our friend?

Anyone?

There was a post in one of these threads that stated it wasn't necessary or needed.

Thank-you Tim, even with the current health care system in Canada...I'm sure that more than a few of us would stand up if humbly asked.

It cost my parents a lot of money in medical bills while my entire chest and, lower abdomen recovered and, regenerated skin 31 years ago...this whole incident brings back haunting memories for me. :sigh:

Wow, Gustav. The fact that you are still in rocketry after something like that says a lot about your character.

Guys I talked to Jeron at a MWP about the health care system in Canada. Its not as great as we are told. I am sure the family will need some help. If there is any insurance money it could take years before the family gets anything. Lets get something going.

Wow, Gustav. The fact that you are still in rocketry after something like that says a lot about your character.

Welding accident when i was 17 years old...erased a lot of skin above "El Jewelage" to the bottom of my neck. One year later i was seen physically fit enough to enter the USAF.

All these years later you'd never know...I got "Scratched", Jeroen got hurt bad- That's why i feel a small, small part of the pain he must be going through.

I'm sure there are others here who know what i mean.

This message got posted to the Tripoli Rocketry Association FB page earlier today by Frank de Brouwer:
I talked to Janny his wife last week in Toronto and Jeroen is still on intensive care, and will be there for a long time. He has 3 degree burns over 75% of his body, which means a 50% chance of survival. He has had some operations already and will have many more, he will take years to recover, not to mention the mental problems that occur with injuries like this. He however is in the best care possible in the best possible Canadian Hospital, but still sedated and on a breather system. If you want to support him and his family, please send in a card to CTI (address see website of CTI) and address it to Sandi White or Nicole Kasper and they will take care that it arrives to his family. I will keep you updated as Jeroen recovers as am in contact with his family.Then on the other two wounded, they have recovered, but are not at work yet as they are processing the whole accident mentally as is understandable.
CTI is working hard to find the cause of the incident, and in total four independent investigations are going on.

CTI is also making a inventory of their ProX stock, as new and backlog production will at least take 6 to 12 months. Dealers will be contacted soon what is possible to deliver in the meantime, this will be however offered to dealers in a way so not one dealer buys up everything to give all dealers a fair chance to serve their customers. CIT is looking to all options to start production again as soon as possible, but this could take some time. As there however is a backlog it is advisable to put orders in to get a place on the backlog list as time progresses.

I think about Dr. Louwers often. I am not a person to say many prayers but I've said a few for Jeroen. I wish him comfort during his recovery.
Thank you for the updates. I'll send a note to CTI and Jeroen's family.

This message got posted to the Tripoli Rocketry Association FB page earlier today by Frank de Brouwer:

Mr. de Brower’s statements are not accurate. Firstly, the incident did not involve the HPR mix building. It occurred in another facility on the property that processes large caliber, high volume motors for commercial/military applications. As we indicated in our initial release, no other facilities or the main plant were affected. CTI continues to operate on a 24/7 basis. Any reference made to time periods would refer to certain non-HPR, long lead time articles that were damaged in that particular facility and stated out of context.

As stated previously, this matter is still under investigation. In addition, any information regarding our products or plans of this nature are not provided to third parties for public release and Mr de Brower is no exception, nor does he represent CTI. These announcements will come directly from CTI at the appropriate time. Again as stated previously, we will not be making any statements regarding the progress of Dr. Louwers as we respect his and his family’s privacy.

Thank you.

CTI.

Last edited:
Continued thoughts and prayers for Jeroen and family, and all involved.

Prayers and well wishes to Jeroen, his family and the fine folks at CTI. This is truly a tragedy but I know they will rebound. They are an incredible company and Jeroen is an incredible guy. I have only interacted with him maybe once directly on here, but I have witnessed his countless posts which show his commitment not only to the wonderful CTI products but to the rocketry community.

Mr. de Brower’s statements are not accurate. Firstly, the incident did not involve the HPR mix building. It occurred in another facility on the property that processes large caliber, high volume motors for commercial/military applications. As we indicated in our initial release, no other facilities or the main plant were affected. CTI continues to operate on a 24/7 basis. Any reference made to time periods would refer to certain non-HPR, long lead time articles that were damaged in that particular facility and stated out of context.

As stated previously, this matter is still under investigation. In addition, any information regarding our products or plans of this nature are not provided to third parties for public release and Mr de Brower is no exception, nor does he represent CTI. These announcements will come directly from CTI at the appropriate time. Again as stated previously, we will not be making any statements regarding the progress of Dr. Louwers as we respect his and his family’s privacy.

Thank you.

CTI.

Thank you for clarifying. Let's keep the right information moving forward.

Back